Stepping Onto the Platform of Life

To the Graduates of the Brandeis International Business School,

I congratulate you and wish you the very best today, and as you step onto the platform of life after earning your coveted graduate degree! This has been a year that will always be remembered in the history books. You survived, and I am betting you also thrived. You are much stronger than you know!

To my MA cohort, I wish you special congratulations and I thank you. I thank you because I watched and participated as you learned valuable academic skills from the excellent professors in the MA Program. I also saw and experienced you learning flexibility, adaptability, patience, sympathy, empathy, understanding and how to take care of yourself, physically and mentally. You learned to ask for help if you needed it, give it when it was needed, and, in the process, you taught me to do the same.

Some of you I know better than others. I hope that is only because you reached out to me more often. I want you all to feel comfortable in reaching out to me as alumni/ae if there is anything I might be able to do for you in the career you are embarking on, continuing, or the one you are still tracking.

Please contact me also if you have news to share and if you would like to share your experiences with current students. I am always open to giving you that opportunity, which benefits us all! In the past, I have led optional job seeking groups for those who are still looking. Please feel free to contact me if you are interested in joining one of these groups, or if you would just like to stay in touch. Nothing would give me more pleasure. I will always be interested in hearing from you and what you are up to.

All the best,
Marcia

Marcia Katz is Director, Career Development and Alumni Engagement at Brandeis International Business School.

By Marcia Katz
Marcia Katz Director, Career Development and Alumni Engagement