Tips from the Careers and Engagement Office:
- Set aside time each day to add to your online presence by liking, sharing, and/or commenting on a LinkedIn post that you find interesting or that you have a positive thought about. It does not take long, even 5 minutes a day will make a difference in your visibility.
- Proofread everything you post. A careless misspelling may change the entire context of your communication and not always in a positive way!
- Keep it professional. While you may use platforms such as Instagram or Facebook for personal connections to your friends, distinguish between your professional and personal presence. Less is more. The internet is forever!
- Be authentic. Be bold and open in sharing your thoughts or opinions in a professional manner. Chances are, what you say will resonate with others and help build a following or a brand.
- Network away! Online communication, especially in the age of COVID, is the most valuable tool you have. Join communities, take a leadership role, find like-minded people to build a network around. Or be really bold, and reach out to people you don’t know at all, who might be quite different from you and that might lead to wonderful possibilities!
Be seen, be heard, get hired!