Interested in moving to the West Coast after graduation? Attending our Silicon Valley Virtual Industry Trek and want to get a feel for life in the Bay Area beforehand?
Enjoy these top restaurant suggestions and insider tips on things to do in the San Francisco Bay Area from the alumni who live there. We know we’ll be filing these ideas away for next year when we can (hopefully!) travel to San Francisco in person again.
- Bevri (Palo Alto; Georgian)
- Brix (Napa; American)
- Burma Love (San Francisco; Burmese and Southeast Asian)
- Mister Jiu’s (San Francisco; Chinese)
- Roma Antica (San Francisco and Larkspur; Italian)
- Saigon Seafood Harbor (Sunnyvale and Richmond; Chinese)
Must-see Spots for First Time Visitors
- Golden Gate Bridge
- Golden Gate Park
- California Academy of Sciences
- Lunch or dinner in San Jose’s Santana Row district
- Hike Redwood forests around Santa Cruz and Lands End in San Francisco
- Get a coffee at Blue Bottle and drink it at Alta Plaza Park
Best Things About Life in the Bay Area
Our alumni love living in the Bay Area for its access to nature, mild weather and dynamic tech scene. A short drive from San Francisco you’ll find the vineyards of Napa Valley, the energy of Silicon Valley and the quaintness of towns like Marin. You can hike in the mountains or by the ocean and experience amazing views and wildlife wherever you go. And we’d be remiss if we didn’t point out the world-class restaurants (see our alumni suggestions on where to eat above!).
Want to learn more about life in the San Francisco Bay Area directly from our alumni? Search for the “CSE Recorded Events Library” under the Handshake Resources section to access full recordings of our 2022 Silicon Valley Industry Trek events.