Global Brand Strategy and Communications Manager
Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it’s equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 96,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
“3M’s culture is driven by curious, spirited and collaborative people who are constantly asking ‘What if?’ And the many talents of 3Mers around the globe have me incredibly excited about what’s to come next.” – Kristen Ludgate, senior vice president of Human Resources at 3M
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
The Impact You’ll Make in this Role
As a Global Brand Strategy and Communications Manager in Home Care Division, you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
- Leading the integrated marketing communication strategy and execution for the division’s portfolio of brands (Scotch-Brite®, Scotchgard™, and Thinsulate™ brands), from brief through execution, to strengthen metrics throughout the brand funnel, drive sales, and generate demand in the market.
- Collaborating with business and marketing teams, our internal marketing centers, and external agency partners to drive content and tactic development, execution, and measurement based on business objectives and strategies.
- Providing thought leadership and expert counsel to influence and advise divisional leadership on brand communication strategy and rationale, as well as innovation and experimentation opportunities within our content and go-to-market plan.
- Orchestrating a global plan with teams aligned to brand guidelines and campaign elements to ensure multi-channel integration across numerous internal and external contributors and functional disciplines (e.g., design, media, shopper marketing, eCommerce).
- Ensuring all work is grounded in analytics to efficiently deliver against ROAS and other KPIs, including partnering with internal and external teams to track, analyze, and optimize campaign effectiveness.
- Managing the division’s AdMerch budget to meet financial targets.
- Developing and supervising other marketing communication professionals in the division.
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M requires (at a minimum) the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Ten (10) combined years of experience in marketing communications and/or brand management in a private, public or military environment
- Seven (7) years of experience developing integrated marketing communications programs
- Seven (7) years of experience of project management and collaboration with agency partners.
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- MBA or graduate degree from an accredited university, with focus on marketing or communications
- Five (5) years of experience in the consumer packaged goods industry
- Five (5) years of experience with digital marketing programs
- Knowledge and experience in mass retail, online, and other consumer channels
- Knowledge and experience with consumer insights and research methodologies for continued understanding of consumer behaviors, emerging consumer trends, and campaign performance
- Experience with marketing technology/tools
- Ability to use analytics to take projects effectively from analysis to insight and implementation
Travel: May include up to 25% domestic/international
Relocation Assistance: Not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life – both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Resources for You
For more details on what happens before, during and after the interview process, check out the Insights for Candidates page at 3M.com/careers.
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.Responsibilities of this position include that corporate policies, procedures and security standards are complied with while performing assigned duties.Pay & Benefits Overview: https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/careers-us/working-at-3m/benefits/3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.