Apollo Insurance Solutions Group is seeking an Alternatives Analyst for its El Segundo, CA based headquarters. This represents an opportunity to join a small, tight knit investment team that originates, structures, and manages a diversified portfolio of Alternatives investments including:
• Strategic Investments (M&A), Real Assets, Private Equity, Private Credit, Structured Products
• LP Investments, co-investments, direct-investments, securitizations, and highly-structured/bespoke
The Analyst will get hands-on experience in all aspects of the investment process including: deal structuring/optimization for insurance company investors, idea generation and investment thesis, underwriting and financial modeling, investment committee presentations, general deal execution, portfolio construction/management, and investment surveillance.
The Analyst will have frequent direct exposure collaborating with senior partners, portfolio managers, and asset-class experts within the Apollo organization to develop and execute investment strategies.
We are seeking a candidate that we believe can grow and progress within the Alts team. We aim to develop junior talent and promote from within our group to higher positions.
• Collaborating with senior deal team members to analyze investments and develop/optimize structures for an insurance company investor base.
• Prepare/assist in developing portfolio strategy presentations
• Preparing investment memos/presentations, including
- developing investment thesis,
- risks & mitigants,
- stress testing / return sensitivity
• Investment surveillance
Qualifications & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field
• 1-3 years of job experience, preferably in either corporate or investment banking, private equity,
sales and trading program, alternative investing at a fund of funds, consultant, plan sponsor or insurance company
• Direct transaction experience
• Investment/credit underwriting experience
• Expert Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Strong writing, presenting, & communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work on multiple projects
• Basic financial modeling
• Eager to learn / improve and generally interested in capital markets and investing.
• Team player with a ‘can-do’ attitude
• Critical thinker
• Enjoys problem solving, process/systems improvement and development.
• Intermediate programming skills (e.g. VBA, Python, or other programming language) are a plus