SUMMER ANALYST INTERNS, STRATEGIC ADVISORY & INVESTMENT BANKING TEAMS
Back Bay Life Science Advisors is a Boston-based life science strategy and investment banking group. We are boutique in size, with reach and recognition on a global scale. We are now accepting applications for our Summer Analyst Internship Program (SAIP) with our strategic advisory and investment banking teams.
SAIP candidates enjoy Back Bay’s longstanding tradition of mentoring and career development in the life sciences. Internships are full-time, paid positions held May through August in our Boston Back Bay offices, giving degree candidates the opportunity to integrate into our advisory or investment banking teams and experience life science development firsthand and the gratification of bringing new treatments and approaches to the global community.
Recognized as our highly valued Summer Analysts, SAIP candidates join busy, engaged teams with a passion for guidance, shared experiences and learning.
As part of our project teams, SAIP candidates collaborate with Back Bay consultants, analysts, managing directors and leadership on all facets of our hundreds of life sciences projects and transactions. SAIP candidates help gather data from a range of industry sources (e.g., literature, databases), conduct interviews with industry stakeholders and analyze data required to address the issues across all stages of projects.
Whether teamed with our investment banking group or strategic advisory team, SAIP candidates are essential to the timely preparation of client interactions and reports. Each will work directly with senior leadership on day-to-day activities and will have the opportunity to develop and place an industry-related article.
Back Bay seeks SAIP candidates exploring a potential career in the life sciences with the intent to develop skills necessary to succeed, including:
- Problem solving—the ability to construct hypotheses, generate and analyze data and draw meaningful conclusions
- Intellectual curiosity—going above and beyond the obvious to identify connections and trends
- Enthusiasm for the life sciences—the ability to review scientific and clinical literature and carry out in-depth discussions with academic or industry opinion leaders
- Rapid uptake of information—the ability to learn quickly and assimilate knowledge
- Honed communication skills—experience in transmitting complex ideas in written and/or oral formats
- Teamwork—the ability to work collaboratively to solve challenging problems
Summer Analyst Qualifications
- An interest in human health and advancement of the life sciences, or strong demonstrated interest in business approaches
- Intent to complete or recent completion of undergraduate degree with life science or financial services focus considered favorably
- The ability to function efficiently and independently in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Preference for Junior applicants but exceptional Sophomores will be considered
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent writing and presentation skills