Are you interested in joining one of the fastest-growing consulting and accounting firms in the country?
Would you like the ability to join a highly dynamic team focused on providing exceptional client service in the areas of risk and advisory?
If yes, consider joining Baker Tilly (BT) as an Internal Audit & Risk Consultant! Our Risk Advisory practice provides a full spectrum of services to help our clients assess their risks, develop strategies to compete in an ever-changing business environment, and achieve their goals and objectives. All of this is accomplished through deep industry knowledge of risk, governance, internal audit, compliance, IT, and cybersecurity best practices.
As one of the fastest growing firms in the nation, BT has the ability to offer you upward career trajectory, flexibility in how and where you get your work done and meaningful relationships with clients, teammates and leadership who truly care about you and your development.
You will enjoy this role if you:
- Desire to build your skills as a comprehensive risk professional in the areas of compliance, enterprise risk management, governance, internal controls, and data analytics.
- Crave the opportunity to be part of a fast growing, entrepreneurial risk consulting practice where your hard work and creativity will be rewarded
- Do your best work when you are part of a talented, down-to-earth team that thrives in collaboration and truly enjoys working together
- Feel valued when you are provided the resources and support to continually sharpen your technical skills and build your career now, for tomorrow
You will have the opportunity to:
- Work closely with clients to help identify and manage risks that could harm their business, their employees, and their clients
- Develop in-depth knowledge of clients’ businesses and industries by having direct client interaction while working on multiple aspects of an engagement.
- Think independently and strategically to provide recommendations to clients using the knowledge you develop of their business, their industry, and the risks that they face.
- Assist in implementing new processes and controls that address key risks in the client’s environment.
- Develop a knowledge of financial risks and information technology risks that clients can face and use that knowledge to help your clients protect themselves.
- Review clients’ processes and controls against best practices unique to their industry and provide recommendations as to how they can be leaders in their industry.
- Assist in drafting comprehensive executive summaries and final reports for delivery to the client
- Continually grow, learn and develop skills and knowledge through external and internal education, training and cross-training opportunities to maximize personal contribution to the organizational goals and ongoing career development
- Utilize your entrepreneurial skills to network and build strong relationships internally and externally with clients
- Enjoy friendships, social activities and team outings that encourage a work-life balance
Successful candidates will meet the following requirements:
- Be enrolled as a full-time student during the 2022/ 2023 school year in an Accounting or Finance related degree
- Availability to begin full time employment in Summer 2023
- Outstanding academic performance with a minimum overall GPA of a 3.2 required with at least a 3.5 GPA preferred
- Relevant internship, work experience and/or involvement with a professional organization
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment with all levels of client personnel in various industries
- Excellent written/verbal communication and collaboration skills
- Be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship as a full-time employee
Baker Tilly US, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm, providing clients a genuine coast-to-coast and global advantage with critical mass and top-notch talent in major regions of the U.S. and in many of the world’s leading financial centers – New York, London, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Chicago. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 148 territories, with 36,000 professionals and a combined worldwide revenue of $4.0 billion.
Many of Baker Tilly’s roles have the opportunity to work remotely. Please discuss with your talent acquisition professional to understand the requirements for an opportunity you are exploring.
Baker Tilly is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable federal, state or local law.