What would you like the power to do?
At Bank of America, we value being a Great Place to Work®. We recognize that talented, engaged and satisfied employees are the foundation to help make the financial lives of our customers and clients better.
Bank of America provides a diverse range of banking and nonbanking financial services and products domestically and internationally in more than 35 countries.
Chief Financial Officer Group Overview:
The Finance Management Summer Analyst Program (FMAP) will introduce you to Bank of America and the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Group. The CFO Group is responsible for the overall financial management of our company – financial and regulatory reporting, balance sheet management, financial planning and analysis, treasury, investor relations, corporate investments, and tax.
Intern Program Overview:
The Finance Management Summer Analyst Program (FMAP) is a 10-week internship experience that focuses on financial and management accounting, corporate finance, and internal treasury functions within the CFO Group. Summer Analysts have an opportunity to participate in a variety of activities designed to foster teamwork, encourage networking, and engage with senior leadership.
Our goal for summer interns is to have the opportunity to build upon their academic foundation – specifically technical skills, industry knowledge and familiarity with a corporate environment – while pursuing their career based on their interests and background. Your training and development is our top priority with extensive formal training offered at the start of the program in addition to on-the-job support, events, and mentorship throughout. These opportunities include but are not limited to:
- Bank-provided trainings focused on Mechanics of a Bank, Data Literacy, Executive Ready Presentations and more
- Intern Mentorship Program
- Enterprise Executive Speaker Series
- Diversity & Inclusion Employee Networks – LEAD for Women, Black Professional Group, LGBT+ Pride, and more
- Continuous Educational Speakers and Events
- Networking Events
- Community Service Opportunities
A Day in the Life
FMAP Summer internships last 10 weeks and give interns a glimpse into the overall financial management of our company, our vision, and our culture. As a Summer Analyst, you will be placed on one team where your primary responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Forecasting financial and non-financial trends
- Developing models and performing financial analysis of business investments
- Supporting the corporation’s internal planning and management accounting functions
- Presenting financial data and analysis to business partners
- Evaluating opportunities for process improvements across the CFO Group
- Networking with finance executives and key stakeholders to cultivate meaningful relationships across various lines of business
Finance Management Opportunities
The Finance Management Summer Analyst Program assigns interns to different functions across the CFO Group. Internship opportunities include positions supporting various business groups, such as the below:
o Corporate Treasury
o Global Financial Control
o Global Banking and Markets
o Strategic Forecasting and Expense Management
o Consumer & Wealth Management Finance
o Staff Support
o Global Technology and Global Operations Finance
*Intern team assignments are developed based on business need and aligned to skillset and therefore cannot be guaranteed.
- Candidates are required to be pursuing an undergraduate degree or a Master of Accountancy from an accredited college or university. Eligible candidates must have a graduation timeframe between December 2023 and June 2024.
- GPA of 3.2 or higher is preferred
- Common areas of study include but are not limited to:
o Business Administration
o Information Systems
o Other related majors
- Candidates should possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, a drive for operational excellence, and a commitment to achieving sustainable results. Additionally, students should hold strong academic and technical skills in Microsoft Office as well as show proficiencies in leadership, teamwork, problem solving & analytical skills, verbal and written communication, and professionalism.
- Bank of America is unable to consider candidates that will require visa sponsorship now, or in the future, for this specific role.
- Bank of America does not complete third party forms from colleges, universities, or other parties.