Turn information into insight
Barclays’ award-winning Equity Research team provides expert knowledge to enable both internal and external clients to make informed investment decisions. Covering over 2,500 companies globally, our Equity Research team offers actionable insights and innovative products, every day. Want in? Join us as a summer analyst.
Real responsibility, right away
As a summer analyst, you’ll spend the summer with our Equity Research team, gaining valuable experience and having a genuine impact on our business. Under the direction of a senior analyst, you’ll contribute ideas and insights to investment theses and reports. You may:
- analyze industry macro trends and company financials
- build and maintain financial models and industry databases
- gather, synthesize and interpret data from publications and other sources
- assist in writing research reports and notes
- develop marketing materials for clients, with the opportunity to participate in client meetings.
A place where you can thrive
At Barclays, you’ll be surrounded by people who will help you achieve your ambitions. Our collaborative, supportive environment gives you the chance to build solid relationships with senior leaders and peers alike. During the program, you’ll also:
- participate in formal and informal training
- connect with junior and senior mentors
- attend dedicated networking sessions and other program events
- receive detailed performance feedback
- give back to the community through volunteer events.
And if you really impress us, this could be the beginning of an incredible career. We invite top-performing, eligible summer analysts to join us as full-time Equity Research analysts after graduation.
To be considered for this program, you must:
- be an undergraduate or MBA student with an anticipated graduation date between December 2023 – June 2024.
Ideally, you would also have:
- a GPA of 3.2 or above
- a strong interest in business and finance, though no specific major is required
- resourcefulness, team-orientation, enthusiasm and an entrepreneurial spirit, demonstrated through participation in extracurricular activities
- if MBA:
- two or more years of related business experience, including business modeling and financial statement analysis
- CFA and relevant industry knowledge (preferred).
Ready to apply?
Please submit an application through Barclays’ online system. Then, submit your resume and cover letter through your school’s career management application system if required. Please note that you can apply to only one Barclays graduate program globally.
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the firm.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Our Purpose and Values
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone’s contribution.
For further information about Barclays, please visit our website home.barclays
To learn more about careers at Barclays, visit search.jobs.barclays
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.