Business Intelligence & Operations Intern
Department: Business Intelligence & Operations
Supervisor: Sr. Director, Business Intelligence & Operations
Business Intelligence & Operations Intern primary responsibility: Support business intelligence & operations department in various efforts to improve organizational efficiency, manage a robust ticketing ecosystem, and drive data-backed decision-making, while learning valuable skills and work habits to succeed in any industry.
What you’ll do as a Business Intelligence & Operations Intern:
- Assist in ensuring data accuracy in CRM system, including day-to-day maintenance of data
- Update leads in email marketing database (Marketo) to reflect email subscription status
- Assist in the categorization and tagging of social media posts
- Validate outgoing reports and data visualizations (Tableau), checking for consistency and accuracy
- Assist operations in a variety of Archtics related ticketing projects such as event builds, pricing structure, data maintenance, financial monitoring, and third-party integrations
- Compile daily batch reports from Archtics ticketing system to track financial transactions
- Process and report on ticket donations for Shamrock Dreams program to Community Engagement
- Field inbound fan questions related to tickets and troubleshoot technical issues
- Support various fan engagement programs and solving in-person ticketing issues at the TD Garden Box Office during Celtics home games
- Other collaborative duties as assigned by Sr. Director, Business Intelligence & Operations
What you’ll learn as a Business Intelligence & Operations Intern:
- Hands-on training in Tableau, including how to tell stories with data visualizations and how to use data and statistical analysis to drive insights to your viewers
- A macro- and micro-level understanding of a CRM system and how to grapple with data for hundreds of thousands of records
- Foundational training and regular use of Ticketmaster’s Archtics ticketing system, the most commonly used ticketing system in professional sports
- Ins and outs of an email marketing database and the philosophy behind specific email campaigns
- The high-level strategy behind and execution of various marketing analytics reports
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Strong critical thinking, a growth mindset, and deductive problem-solving
- Detail-oriented and thoughtful approaches to ensure accuracy and understanding of projects
- Interest in developing ideas and projects from the ground up and being a self-starter
- Enthusiasm to understand data, database management, and reporting and analytics
- Ability to communicate and work with multiple departments and senior management
Please submit resumes for consideration to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Boston Celtics
Throughout their storied history the Boston Celtics have long stood for equality and respect, including drafting the first African-American Player, hiring the first African-American Coach and playing the first all-black starting five. The Celtics have won a record 17 NBA Championships spanning five (5) decades, including eight (8) in a row from 1959-1966, and winning their most recent in 2008. In addition, forty-one (41) former Celtics players, management, coaches or staff have been inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame. In December 2002 the team returned to local ownership for the first time since 1963.
Banner Seventeen, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants for employment are afforded equal opportunity in every area of hiring and employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy (and pregnancy related conditions), gender identity or expression, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, genetic disposition or carrier status, marital status, familial status, status as a victim of domestic violence, military or veteran status or any other category protected under applicable federal, state or local law.