Who We Are
Boston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. BCG was the pioneer in business strategy when it was founded in 1963. Today, we work closely with clients to embrace a transformational approach aimed at benefiting all stakeholders—empowering organizations to grow, build sustainable competitive advantage, and drive positive societal impact.
Our diverse, global teams bring deep industry and functional expertise and a range of perspectives that question the status quo and spark change. BCG delivers solutions through leading-edge management consulting, technology and design, and corporate and digital ventures. We work in a uniquely collaborative model across the firm and throughout all levels of the client organization, fueled by the goal of helping our clients thrive and enabling them to make the world a better place.
BCG has a long history of driving growth by embracing innovation and new ways of thinking. Through DigitalBCG, we bring together a diverse mix of consultants and digital specialists to ensure that we are supporting our clients throughout their digital transformation journeys. We work with our clients to fully understand the impact of digital on their business and set priorities that will transform their vision into value. Whether it be developing new technologies to support their core business, making better use of their data, or pursuing entirely new sources of revenue, our aim is to achieve radical improvements in productivity, flexibility, and speed. We are innovating how our clients are using artificial intelligence, robotic process automation, internet of things, personalization, blockchain technologies, and more to gain competitive advantage.
DigitalBCG encompasses a broad set of data, digital, and technology capabilities from BCG consulting teams and practices, along with our business units such as BCG Digital Ventures, BCG Platinion, and BCG GAMMA.
What You’ll Do
DigitalBCG is building the future of business today. Right now, every company in every industry is on a journey to become a digital organization. Our goal is to make that journey a success.
As a DigitalBCG Consultant, you will work with a team of BCG consultants and digital specialists advising clients on a range of topics that align to your areas of expertise and interests, including, but not limited to the following:
- Digital Transformation & Strategy: Helping clients rethink the impact of digital on their business and accelerate their transformation efforts.
- Customer Centricity: Reinventing the Customer Experience, leveraging journey maps, deep customer empathy, and data to create transformative digital interfaces, marketing strategies, and process innovations.
- Digital Marketing & Personalization: Optimizing digital marketing programs across all digital channels and levers, including precision marketing, and analytics-enabled, one-to-one personalization.
- Big Data & Analytics: Driving transformational value through cutting-edge applications of AI and Machine Learning tools that are fully scaled into the business.
- New Ways of Working: Building ongoing organizational change capabilities, and helping clients transform into digital enterprises that continue to develop and innovate with speed, at scale.
- Transformation of the Technology Function and Technology Build: Redesigning technology functions to improve flexibility, efficiency, and Business-IT alignment.
As a Digital Strategy Consultant, you can expect to spend the majority of your time working on digital topics, and the balance working on a broader set of critical, unique challenges presented by our clients. A DigitalBCG Consultant will work in case teams to help solve complex business issues, work closely with clients to help them better understand competitive issues, develop strategies for change, and position themselves for the next wave of growth and competitive advantage. Within BCG, DigitalBCG Consultants will build both a comprehensive consulting skillset and digital expertise by working on a mix of digital and traditional BCG client cases.
What You’ll Bring (Experience & Qualifications)
- Ideally an MBA or MS plus a minimum of 2-3 years of full time work experience within digital fields, including product management, digital marketing & analytics, and/or designing & delivering world-class software products, in leading digital companies and/or start-ups or a Bachelor’s degree and 4-5 years of relevant digital work experience
- Ideally experience in one or multiple digital topics: strategy, transformation, organization, customer centricity, lean experimentation or agile. Core skills that are critically important in this role include:
- Strong analytical skills and a high capacity for conceptual thinking.
- Ability to develop leading-edge business models, frameworks for analysis, and long-term business strategies that maximize shareholder value.
- Must be able to thrive in a hypothesis-based environment where inductive rather than deductive reasoning is the norm.
- Desire to broaden digital skills and build a career in the digital space. Ideally having experience within digital or technology consulting or relevant industry experience
- Advanced quantitative analysis, solid business acumen and problem solving ability. High capacity for strategic/end-to-end thinking.
- Excellent communication and persuasion skills.
The companies that are winning the digital future are those that embrace digital diversity: diverse perspectives, diverse skills, and diverse capabilities. BCG’s digital teams reflect this diversity, combining digital-savvy business consultants and industry experts with a full spectrum of digital specialists.
As you collaborate with your BCG team, you will increase your understanding of complex business problems from a wide range of perspectives and develop new skills. At the same time, you’ll work closely with our clients to find and execute value creation strategies that result in game changing outcomes.