Brookfield Asset Management is a leading global alternative asset manager with over $600 billion of assets under management as of March 31, 2021. For over 120 years Brookfield has owned and operated real assets with a focus on real estate, infrastructure, renewable power and private equity. Clients can invest in Brookfield strategies via three main channels: public securities, private funds and listed partnerships. The Public Securities Group leverages Brookfield’s core real asset expertise via global listed strategies, including real estate, infrastructure, real asset debt, real asset solutions and opportunistic strategies through a variety of flexible and scalable investment mandates, including separate accounts, registered funds and private funds. The Public Securities Group has been investing in public securities for over 30 years and has over $18 billion of assets under management as of March 31, 2021. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices in Chicago, Hong Kong, Houston, London, San Diego, Seoul and Toronto. Clients include financial institutions, public and private pension plans, insurance companies, endowments and foundations, sovereign wealth funds and high net worth investors.
The Position: Summer Investment Analyst Program
Brookfield’s Public Securities Group Summer Investment Analyst Program is an ten-week program offering participants the opportunity to learn the fundamentals of global investing. The program concludes with interns’ preparing an investment recommendation to portfolio managers and senior analysts.
- A Summer Investment Analyst will learn the fundamentals of value investing from seasoned analysts and portfolio managers, participate in strategic discussions with company management teams, and practice Brookfield’s collaborative culture.
- Day-to-day responsibilities will significantly vary, but may include: financial modeling, preparation of presentation material or organization and coordination of large working groups, performing industry and macro-economic analysis, assisting senior analysts and portfolio managers in assessing investment opportunities with an array of valuation methodologies, as well as meeting with senior management to learn strategy and operations.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Students graduating in May 2023
- Students who are pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Quantitative Finance or related field
- Top academic performer with a demonstrated passion for financial concepts and investing
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and history of superior results
- Independent thinker willing to challenge convention
- Ability to multi-task and work in a very fast-paced and team-oriented environment
- Candidates must be able to work in the U.S. without visa sponsorship
For More Details, We Encourage Applicants To Read Brookfield’s Applicant Data Protection And Privacy Notice, Found On Our Website
At Brookfield, we care about your privacy and strive to protect Applicant Data throughout the recruitment process. To that end, information that we gather from applicants via job postings, is used solely for the purposes of recruiting and hiring.