2022 Charles Schwab Intern Academy
Do you want to spend your summer internship with a company that has been challenging the conventions of the financial services industry for over 45 years? Schwab’s mission is to help our clients build a better future for themselves, their families, and their communities. It is summed up in our tagline – Own your tomorrow – and it permeates everything we do.
The design of the program invites interns to engage directly in Schwab’s culture of service, while challenging them with a blend of learning programs, team-building activities, networking opportunities, and enriching work projects. Features of our 2022 program include:
- Business Track Project: Working with your host business track at Schwab provides a meaningful and valuable experience to translate classroom learning into real business projects.
- Intern Cohort Project: Partner with other interns to brainstorm, discuss learning experiences, and present solutions.
- Learning Activities: Participate in facilitated training, team discussions and events, individual assessments and activities, senior leader meetings, and on-the-job training.
- Dedicated Intern Leader: Receive regular feedback from your leader, participate in career-related discussions, and provide your own feedback.
- Strengths Application: Learn about yourself and how to apply your unique strengths, abilities, and goals to the work you do as part of Schwab’s ‘strengths-based’ culture.
- Networking: Build your network by interacting with professionals across Schwab, including senior leaders, peers, and Schwab Intern Academy Alumni.
Because interns are considered a primary pipeline for full-time opportunities, every intern candidate must be eligible for full-time employment upon graduation and must also meet the following requirements:
- Enrolled in a current undergraduate or graduate program tracking to graduate between December 2022 and May/June 2023
- Ability to work full time and be on-site at assigned Schwab location during the 9-week program (June 6 to August 5, 2022)
- Have specific skills as specified by the hosting Business Track
Schwab is recognized as an industry leader, and our welcoming culture will embrace your individuality and partner you with other like-minded and solution-focused students. We will invest in your summer experience by providing you direction and leadership for a robust and well-rounded internship, as well as helping you focus on a potential future career with Schwab.
Regardless of which opportunity you pursue, we will provide you with a consistent and outstanding experience – one you won’t soon forget!
What you are good at
We look for students with:
- Optimism and curiosity, who possess a keen sense of purpose, awareness, and knowledge and who have the demeanor of an everyday leader
- Resourcefulness and flexibility, who enjoy working through cross-functional partnerships and collaboration to achieve a common purpose
- An innovative and questioning demeanor, who constantly look for better ways to do things, have a passion for service, and seek to exceed client expectations
What you have:
- A strong desire to build and grow a career in the financial services industry
- Outstanding communication skills (written and oral)
- The courage to ask “why”
As an affirmative action employer, Schwab takes affirmative action to employ qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans in our intern program. As a culture that values Diversity and Inclusion, Schwab encourages the application of Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans to the Intern Academy.
There are many different business tracks that you can engage with over the course of the summer. Some of the tracks that will host 2022 interns are:
- Corporate Risk Management
- Digital Services
- Front Line Risk Management
- Human Resources
- Internal Audit
- Investor and Client Service
- Model Risk Management
- Retirement Business Services
- Schwab Asset Management Solutions
- Schwab Branch Network
- Schwab Technology Services
- Workplace Financial Services
You can find additional program information at:
We encourage you to apply for all positions for which you are qualified and interested. To formally apply and be considered, use this link:
Schwab Asset Management Solutions (SAMS)
These roles will be part of Schwab Asset Management Solutions (SAMS). SAMS is comprised of holistic wealth management services, proprietary and 3rd party investment management solutions, research and insights, and platform management, overseeing $800BB in assets for our clients. SAMS has a growing team of dedicated investment professionals with backgrounds ranging from financial research and due diligence, portfolio management, trading and operations, and client relationships. Each member of SAMS is committed to serving the needs of the investor.
SAMS will offer internship opportunities in the following areas:
- Charles Schwab Investment Management (CSIM)
- Sales and Client Engagement
- Financial Reporting Team
- Global Equity Trading
- Client Services
- Sustainable Investing
- Wasmer Schroeder Strategies Client Services
What you have
- Strong analytical, critical-thinking, and quantitative skills (including Excel and databases)
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills, attention to detail and the ability to work efficiently
- Dynamic relationship building and partnerships skills in cross-functional teams
- Effective written and verbal communication skills to communicate with team members, business partners, and senior leaders
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to balance competing priorities in adherence to strict timeframes and deadlines
- Bloomberg, Excel, PowerPoint, and SQL skills preferred
- Passion for service and finance with strong client-focus and the ability to provide a superior level of service
What you’ll learn:
- You will be able to collaborate with a variety of business partners on various deliverables to help meet Schwab’s business objectives and to deliver desired results to clients
- You will gain exposure to SAMS, including the products and offerings we provide our clients and the distribution channels where we make these solutions available
- You will develop experience in strategic thinking and distilling information into well-framed recommendations
- You will build critical interpersonal and relationship management capabilities through a collaborative environment
- You will gain experience analyzing various disclosure requirements, standard methodologies of competitors, and in developing understanding of reporting rules
- You will learn how to apply reporting processes, procedures, and checklists in completing assigned reviews of financial reports and regulatory filings
- You will get the opportunity to analyze corporate actions and how market dynamics and trading decisions linked to deals and other corporate events can influence portfolio performance
- You will get significant exposure to both buy-side and sell-side perspectives on market events, trading infrastructure, and trading strategies
- You will develop an understanding of how mutual funds operate, generate revenue, and pay expenses
Target Total Compensation – $20.00/hour – $28.00/hour
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience — talk with your recruiter to learn more.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.