Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse.
Your program’s highlights
Change the face of banking. Influence tomorrow.
The Summer Analyst Program is a 9-week program for rising college seniors that provides excellent exposure to business and the financial services industry. Whether you’re working alongside a Full-Time Analyst or staffed as the only Analyst on a deal team, our summer program gives you the tools you’ll need to jump start your career in finance and investment banking. Responsibilities may include structuring and executing leveraged loan transactions (including leveraged buy outs, mergers & acquisitions and dividend recapitalizations), performing detailed analysis on capital and returns associated with new and existing client relationships, and actively negotiate with both corporate and sponsor clients, as well as debt investors.
- A one-day company orientation followed by a week of training
- Ongoing training on your desk throughout the summer
- A summer speaker series, where you’ll hear from senior line representatives across the divisions
- Mentorship from an assigned mentor within Investment Banking, who will help you discover your strengths and plan your career
- Social and networking events that will connect you with individuals across the firm, ensuring that you are exposed to all the areas and understand the big picture of a global investment bank. The summer is structured to have a balance of work, social events and networking opportunities.
Your field of responsibility
As a Capital Markets & Advisory Summer Analyst within the Investment Bank division, you will gain exposure to the business, learn financial modeling and valuation techniques from experienced professionals, and contribute to innovative deals that are redefining today’s corporate landscape.
You will have the opportunity to develop your analytical skills by using various financial techniques, gain hands-on experience, and interact with external clientele as well as internally across multiple parts of the investment bank.
As a part of the team you will:
- Be exposed to the syndicated loan market
- Work with senior bankers as they structure, negotiate and execute loan transactions
- Gain understanding on analyzing credits
- Perform detailed capital and return analyses and examine how capital/regulatory limitations drive lending decisions
Your future colleagues
The Transaction Execution Group within the Leveraged and Acquisition Finance Group is a leading global arranger of leveraged loans. Our experience, knowledge and dedication to serving the interests of our investors and clients make Credit Suisse’s Transaction Execution Group the most innovative and insightful in the industry. This team orchestrates structuring the bank’s capital commitments and works with CS’s capital markets desk and coverage investment bankers to arrange and syndicate multi-million/billion dollar bank loans. Specifically, the team plays a key role in structuring, negotiating, detailing and executing corporate and bridge loan transactions. In active negotiations, the Transaction Execution Group bridges the interests of the investors who purchase loans with the needs of our corporate and sponsor clients. A career in Transaction Execution is ideal for anyone wanting client-facing negotiation, product specialization and critical analysis.
Your qualification and skills
Applicants to this role should be undergraduates at a four-year college or university (graduating in December 2022 or May/June 2023). Credit Suisse is noted for the diversity of its employees, but seeks individuals with a common set of abilities-those who are highly motivated, creative, have shown academic achievement, and have the ability to work independently and as a member of a team. We’ll evaluate your potential, your ability, your academic background and your extra-curricular activities. Our goal is to build future leaders who add new perspectives to our business.
- An innovator committed to the protection of the environment and acting responsibly towards society
- A leader who engenders loyalty, shows dedication, assumes responsibility and mobilizes others
- A critical problem solver with excellent analytical skills
- A hardworking self-starter who achieves significant results
- An encouraging and adaptable team member who can build positive relationships
- An eloquent communicator who also recognizes the importance of listening
- Principled and committed to the highest standards of ethical behavior
Your new employer
Your growth is our priority. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to start a successful career, attractive benefits, excellent training and managers to support your development.
We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for passionate people to make an impact for our clients and communities.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.
Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws, as well as regulatory requirements, regarding considering of employment qualified individuals with criminal histories and prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.