Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse.
Your program’s highlights
Change the face of banking. Influence tomorrow. The Summer Analyst Program is a 9-week program for rising college seniors that provides excellent exposure to business and the financial services industry. Whether you’re working alongside a Full-Time Analyst or staffed as the only Analyst on a deal team, our summer program gives you the tools you’ll need to jump start your career in finance and investment banking. Responsibilities may include analyzing companies using financial modeling and valuation techniques, examining the impact of a transaction on a client’s capital structure, advising the initial price for an IPO and evaluating the consequences of a merger or acquisition.
- A one-day company orientation followed by a week of training
- Ongoing training on your desk throughout the summer
- A summer speaker series, where you’ll hear from senior line representatives across the divisions
- Mentorship from an assigned mentor within Investment Banking, who will help you discover your strengths and plan your career
- Social and networking events that will connect you with individuals across the firm, ensuring that you are exposed to all the areas and understand the big picture of a global investment bank. The summer is structured to have a balance of work, social events and networking opportunities.
Your field of responsibility
You will work alongside some of the industry’s best and brightest bankers, work with a street-leading team that excels at creativity and unique analytics around top-of-mind market trends. You will have exposure to senior decision-makers both within the bank and at the bank’s corporate clients around the world. Our corporate clients span a broad range of industries and geographic regions.
Your future colleagues
The Corporate Insights Group (CIG) helps the clients of Credit Suisse Investment Bank make better decisions to maximize value-creation, by providing market-driven and meaningful strategic insights via differentiated analytical frameworks. The team partners closely with product and coverage partners within the Capital Markets & Advisory business to advise the senior executives of CM&A corporate clients regarding the key drivers of their companies’ market value. With that perspective, CIG advises on what actions our clients may take to deliver superior returns to shareholders in the following areas:
- Management plan evaluation
- Capital allocation strategy
- Portfolio optimization
- M&A (buy-side and sell-side)
- Defense advisory (activists)
- Equity offerings / IPOs
- Optimal capital structure
- Financial distribution policies (incl. buybacks and dividends)
- Debt capacity
- Interest rate risk management
Your qualification and skills
Applicants to this role should be undergraduates at a four-year college or university (graduating in December 2022 or May/June 2023). Credit Suisse is noted for the diversity of its employees, but seeks individuals with a common set of abilities –those who are highly motivated, creative, have shown academic achievement, and have the ability to work independently and as a member of a team. We’ll evaluate your potential, your ability, your academic background and your extra-curricular activities. Our goal is to build future leaders who add new points of view to our business.
- A leader who engenders loyalty, shows dedication, assumes responsibility and mobilizes others
- An innovator committed to the protection of the environment and acting responsibly towards society
- A critical problem solver with excellent analytical skills
- A hardworking self-starter who achieves significant results
- An encouraging and adaptable team member who can build strong relationships
- An eloquent communicator who also recognizes the importance of listening
- Principled and committed to the highest standards of ethical behavior
Your new employer
Your growth is our priority. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to start a successful career, attractive benefits, excellent training and managers to support your development.
We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for hardworking people to make an impact for our clients and communities.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.
Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws, as well as regulatory requirements, regarding considering of employment qualified individuals with criminal histories and prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.