Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse.
Your program’s highlights
Change the face of banking. Influence tomorrow.
If you’re a dynamic, intellectually curious undergraduate looking for a valuable introduction to securities research, this program is for you. Credit Suisse Securities Research offers a 10-week summer program where students gain an in-depth understanding of equity valuation and the overall investment process. During your summer with us, you will spend one week in training then work with one of our Senior Research Analysts on a two to five member team for the remainder of the summer.
The program is structured to ensure a balance of work, training, networking, and mentorship. Your experience includes the following:
- A one-day company orientation followed by one week of training, including a capital markets overview, desk overviews, and the opportunity to meet with traders, salespeople, strategists and structurers from the various product areas.
- Continued learning and development through three desk placements over the remaining nine weeks, where you’ll receive further training.
- A summer speaker series, where you’ll hear from senior employees across the divisions
- Mentorship opportunities to help you discover your strengths and plan your career
- Social, community service, and networking events that will connect you with individuals across the firm, ensuring that you are exposed to all the areas and understand the big picture of a global investment bank.
Your field of responsibility
Throughout the summer, you may work on projects involving financial analysis and equity research. Securities Research Summer Analysts also have the opportunity to learn financial modeling and forecasting skills and help produce creative and comprehensive research reports. As an essential member of the team, you will learn to develop valuable insights into industries and companies, present convincingly and confidently about companies and investment recommendations, understand the priorities of the franchise and bring your own ideas and thoughts to the table.
Your future colleagues
Our Senior Research Analysts not only produce differentiated research, but also have a strong focus on sales, marketing and client service. By working closely with a sector team, you will develop a well-rounded transferable skill set, including both quantitative and qualitative skills. You will also have exposure to other divisions at Credit Suisse, including the global sales force, equity traders, and institutional clients.
Your qualification and skills
You should be graduating in December 2022 or May/June 2023 to be eligible for this program. Credit Suisse is noted for the diversity of its employees, but seeks individuals with a common set of abilities –those who are highly motivated, creative, have demonstrated academic achievement, and have the ability to work independently and as a member of a team. We’ll evaluate your potential, your ability, your academic background and your extra-curricular activities. Our goal is to build future leaders who add fresh perspectives to our business. We’re looking for:
- A leader who engenders loyalty, exhibits dedication, assumes responsibility and mobilizes others
- A problem solver with excellent analytical skills
- A hardworking self-starter who achieves significant results
- An encouraging and adaptable team member who can build strong relationships
- An articulate communicator who also recognizes the importance of listening
- A principled individual who is committed to the highest standards of ethical behavior
Your new employer
Your growth is our priority. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to start a successful career, attractive benefits, excellent training and managers to support your development.
We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for passionate people to make an impact for our clients and communities
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.
Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws, as well as regulatory requirements, regarding considering of employment qualified individuals with criminal histories and prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.