Do you thrive in times of disruption? Have a passion for turning challenges and opportunities into long-term competitive advantages? As a Business Valuation Analyst in our Valuation, Modeling and Financial Advisory offering at Deloitte, you’ll have the opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience working alongside leading professionals across diverse industries while building your professional skills in a variety of project experiences. You’ll be involved in helping our clients understand, analyze, and respond to various business opportunities and challenges presented by transactions and key business and investment decisions.
Work you’ll do
As an Analyst, you will have the opportunity to work on multiple projects leveraging your business-related degree to help our clients more confidently make decisions to drive performance. You will help our clients embrace change, grow their business, accelerate performance, and navigate periods of crisis or controversy and emerge resilient.
You will have the opportunity to work on project opportunities within the Valuation market offering, which may include:
- Transaction Compliance Valuation – Assist with providing valuation advisory services and opinions related to businesses, legal entities, debt and equity instruments and intangible assets for financial reporting (e.g., purchase price allocation, goodwill impairment), tax structuring, and regulatory purposes.
- Transactions and Modeling Advisory – Help advise clients on strategic decisions through the use of financial modeling, financial analysis, and valuation. Assist with validation, development, and governance of complex securities pricing and risk models.
- Audit Support – Perform research and independent procedures to assess the reasonableness of various types of valuation analyses (e.g. goodwill and intangible asset impairment, business combinations, privately-held equity and debt instruments, complex securities and equity issued as management compensation)
You’ll leverage advanced, technology-enabled solutions to help our clients more confidently make decisions and execute on those decisions to drive performance.
Regardless of project type, your work will require:
- Demonstrated leadership and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Experience prioritizing tasks, working on multiple assignments and managing ambiguity
- Experience working independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels
- Bachelors and/or Master’s degree required with preferred majors including: Finance, Real Estate, Business Administration, Accounting, Economics, Quantitative Finance, Financial Engineering, or a related field of study
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel up to 50% (While up to 50% travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- The start date for this position is Summer/Fall 2022
- Familiarity with financial markets, financial accounting, business valuation, financial instrument valuation (including derivatives and structured products), equity research or financial planning and analyses
- Strong academic track record (GPA of 3.2 or above)
- Relevant work experience (e.g. industry internships, summer positions, school jobs