The Demand Analyst leads the Sales & Operations Planning Process and is responsible for the supply and demand planning for a portfolio of products. The Demand Analyst develops the consensus statement of demand and understands and addresses any supply constraints, and is also involved with overall product supply capacity planning. In addition is the key contact for Sales and Marketing and participates in the product life-cycle management process and is responsible for managing the forecast which contributes to the delivery of inventory and service targets for the assigned portfolio(s).
- Lead the Sales & Operations Planning processes for the assigned portfolio(s), which entails overall responsibility for Demand Planning, Supply Planning, Inventory and Service performance.
- Collaborate and engage with the Sales and Marketing or other sources of intelligence to develop a deep understanding of the business/portfolio. Serve as point of contact for Sales and Marketing teams for all S&OP related issues for assigned portfolio.
- Demand Planning & Forecasting:
- Manage all forecasting and forecast-related activities for select portfolio of products.
- Responsible for all aspects of the demand planning function by gathering, consolidating, analyzing and acting on Sales and Marketing inputs within the forecasting tool.
- Drive continuous improvement forecast accuracy to achieve corporate goals.
- Model customer events and promotions into the statistical forecasting model.
- Analytical modeling for events such as product line consolidations, new product introductions, “what-if” scenarios, and other significant market conditions effecting demand.
- Actively participate in the product lifecycle management process, focusing on commercialization and de-commercialization process to drive optimal inventory positions and working capital improvements.
- Understand, develop and communicate corrective action plans addressing any supply constraints to meeting the demand plan
- Provide insights into capacity & capability requirements within the Supply Chain over the next 2-3 years based on innovations, and volume-based growth projections.
- Review inventory levels versus targets for assigned portfolio of products. Develop corrective action plans where inventory is not aligned with targets.
- Work with Sales and Marketing teams to identify action plans for excess inventory reduction.
- Review service levels versus targets for assigned portfolio of products. Develop corrective action plans where service is not aligned with targets.
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Statistics, Finance or Business Management
- 3+ years of Supply, Demand Planning or relevant Supply Chain experience
- Experience or knowledge in statistical modeling and/or forecasting
- Strong analytical and statistical skills
- Good communication skills (oral and written)
- Experience using a major Planning software package, preferably SAP APO, or related experience in developing statistical forecasts
- Proficient in MS Office suite of programs, primarily Excel — proficiency with Google Workspace preferred
- Familiar with concepts Sales & Operations Planning process and Integrated Business Planning
- Good interpersonal skills, works well in a team environment
- Strong organizational skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, Diversey provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to be considered for any position to be filled unless the accommodation would pose an undue hardship. Should you require a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the hiring process, please contact our Human Resources Department at email@example.com.