About the Team
At DoorDash, people are our most important asset. We build the capability to help our leaders make more informed decisions on identifying and attracting talent and then developing and retaining said talent. We’re looking for a Senior Analyst to help us scale our analytics alongside DoorDash’s enormous growth. You will help guide important decisions with executive leaders. Come be part of an exciting team that excels in People Analytics.
About the Role
DoorDash is looking for an experienced analyst to join our People Analytics team. We’re a data-driven organization, empowering local economies and our people to do the best work of their careers. You will seek data-driven insights to attract, develop, and retain great people to power and grow DoorDash. You will support and scale our people reporting and people analytics within the DoorDash People team. You will work with a team of analysts and engineers to develop the tools and insights for our people and decision-makers. You’ll be an advisor, consultant, project manager, technology promoter, data analyst, engineer, and security/privacy advocate.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Develop reporting and analytical support for the People Team, senior leaders, and people managers, with a focus on self-service reporting and dashboards
- Lead analysis projects to build, implement, support, and improve the tools and use of data to inform improved people-related decisions across the organization
- Cultivate strong relationships with leaders across the People team and business to understand requirements and build suitable solutions
- Communicate directly with the leaders who deliver the organizational change based on the findings from people analytics
- Build the next version of our Self Service Platform, delivering analytics at scale. Training users and managers to improve adoption
- Build data dictionaries and documentation to provide a robust knowledge base for people analytics
We’re excited about you because…
- 3+ years of experience in a quantitative or analytics role
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Economics, Statistics, or a related field
- Project management experience, partner management experience and very comfortable working with all levels of an organization
- Experience using BI Platform Tableau, PowerBI, Micro-strategy, Lookr, QuickSight
- Expert proficiency with SQL
- Understanding of statistical analysis (e.g. hypothesis testing, experimentation, regression) and familiarity with statistical packages
- Experience working with survey data, text analytics, and other forms of unstructured data
- Experience working with confidential data
- Helpful Experience: Python, R, experience with the develop and maintenance of ETL pipelines using tools like Airflow or Glue, hands-on AWS experience, Workday HCM experience, Tableau certification, Masters degree
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day. We are learners – Everyone here is learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We’re committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also work to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.