Payment Services Insights and Reporting team under eBay’s Global Payment Operations Strategy & Optimization organization, is hiring a Lead Data Analyst who will be responsible for providing and building data analysis, insights, and analytical solutions.
This position will be located in Austin, Texas and will work with eBay payment services and finance partners to bring insights on current payments/users’ behavior and help drive initiatives by providing the necessary data. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, process oriented, works effectively with cross functional teams and manage a team of developers, in addition to strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Develop insights and analysis on payment performance and behavior, supporting on initiatives to drive improvement and optimization to business functions.
- Drive cross functional partnership across Payments, Finance, Product and Operations to capture and stitch the data related to user payment activity.
- Bring insights from data driving optimizations across cost of payments, Payment mix and other payments services initiatives
- Automate data driven system controls/metrics for payment network and entity compliance programs.
- Perform project planning, documentations, and present analysis.
- Manage a team of developers and lead multiple projects.
- Experience working with Payments, Card networks, Finance, FinTech industry data.
- Ability to work with various partners to understand and build project requirements.
- Expertise in deriving and building Metrics and insights to help quantify Business Processes.
- Experience in data mining, analysis, and forecasting and using SQL, Python, or other scripting languages.
- Problem solving approach with great verbal and presentation skills using Excel or PowerPoint.
- Data presentation skills using BI technologies such as Tableau or MicroStrategy along with affective use of office products.
- Master or Bachelors in Statistics, Computer Science, Finance or Engineering Fields with relevant industry experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely a diverse set of backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.