Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to crafting an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
With 170+ million active users and over a billion active product listings, eBay is the world’s most vibrant and dynamic online marketplace. eBay’s Internet Marketing group operates at the forefront of e-commerce by combining marketing science and innovation to help grow eBay’s business through a variety of online marketing channels.
The Performance Marketing Analytics organization is looking for a data scientist with strong analytics, programming and modeling skills to help our efforts in measurement, analytics and attribution of paid media. The role will focus on measurement and optimization of paid media: crafting and analyzing tests to measure the efficiency of our marketing campaigns, designing media KPIs, building and implementation of predictive models to help optimize media targeting. Operating with a fast test-and-learn mentality, the role will collaborate with a team with varied strengths located across the globe.
The flawless candidate will have experience working with digital performance marketing at large corporations, measuring and optimizing e-commerce or app ads to deliver substantial growth.
- Work with and influence cross-functional partners, including Analytics, Engineering, Marketing Channel, Finance teams, and external partners
- Perform exploratory analysis of large data sets
- Design and implement machine learning models to optimize media targeting
- Help develop best in class methodologies for experimental design and measurement of test performance including classical and Bayesian approaches to measurement, synthetic controls, causal inference
- Derive tactical and strategic insights to drive / improve business strategies to accelerate channel growth
- Present key findings based on qualitative and quantitative analysis to leadership and key stakeholders
- Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics or related technical field. May be substituted with relevant experience and proven track record. Postgraduate education a plus
- 6+ years experience in Marketing Analytics and/or Marketing Data Science roles, preferably at an e-commerce company, with demonstrated ability to influence and lead
- Experience with common data science and statistical tools in Big Data environments: R, Python, PySpark and others. Perfection in at least one of these is highly desirable
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig
- Strong applied statistical knowledge with experience in synthetic control methods highly preferable
- Proven track record of technical problem solving
- Ability to conduct analysis and present findings clearly, concisely and accurately. Be able to draw relevant conclusions and drive business decisions
- Demonstrably strong communication skills: truly knows what it means to assemble a story from data and can easily explain how and demonstrate it. Strong listening skills as well as the skills to persuade particularly based on evidence.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.
To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
#LI-JS5. #SO. #standard
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.