At eBay, we believe in being part of a purpose driven community dedicated to creating a bold and versatile work environment. eBay inspires passion, courage and inventiveness – you will make a significant and positive contribution that will impact millions of eBay sellers and shoppers around the world. If you are looking to take your career to the next level, this is the place for you!
Risk Management is at the core of Payments done well – and we are hiring curious, driven, and fearless professionals to transform our business unit to enable eBay’s next generation Payments strategy. Our focus is to ensure the integrity of our marketplace for buyers and sellers who transact with us every single day. The scope of our charter includes Risk Management Strategy, Product, Policy, Compliance, Decision Sciences, and Policy Operations.
eBay is looking for a Product Manager to help design, shape, and drive product capabilities to enhance eBay’s capabilities to detect and manage buy-side risk covering account takeovers and transactional risk. You will be part of the Buyer Risk and will be instrumental in driving new capabilities to address ever-changing global Risk trends related to marketplace inventory at eBay.
What Will This Person Do
- Define product strategy and roadmap for systems tasked to detect and report buy-side risk at eBay
- Represent your area to partners, legal, cross-functional product managers, and executives across eBay
- Partner with counterparts in Policy, Data Sciences, Rule writers and Policy Ops to identify product capabilities required to deliver on goals
- Independently lead the projects during the execution stage by partnering with relevant stakeholders.
- Prioritize the backlog by actively soliciting and curating ideas from partners across the organization
- Co-lead the Agile scrum team with an engineering counterpart to deliver the product roadmap.
- Drive sprint planning, story prioritization, product backlog grooming with the scrum team.
- Chip in to technical design and architecture to find innovative and efficient solutions.
- Champion product quality and recognize repeated failure points, driving preventative solutions.
- Identify risks and mitigation plans with development and quality engineering leads together with a plan for roll-back and business contingencies.
- Partner closely with Product Analytics team to collect data insights to measure improvements made to your products
- Be the product champion who provides an end to end view of customer experiences on Risk products and architecture to help communicate the value thereof to multiple audiences including product/business community & executives.
- Monitor industry trends and technology improvements to propose substantial improvements for the platform
Role Requirements – The Basics
- 5+ years of Product Management experience with expertise in the area of Payments Risk in a marketplace or e-commerce context
- Proven track record of launching product solutions, at scale and globally
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
- Effective at decision making, navigating ambiguity and making tradeoffs
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a dynamic environment using a data-driven and analytical approach
- Experience with product development lifecycle, process flows and working in an agile environment
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills and proven ability to influence senior management across different organizations
- Standout colleague with emotional intelligence for our customers (both internal and external) and desire to understand their needs, wants and concerns
- Ability to influence both Product and Engineering teams outside of their own organization
- Masters degree, MBA preferred
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.