Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
About the job
The eBay Ads team is reinventing advertising at eBay! We are one of the fastest growing teams at eBay. We’re crafting innovative brand and seller solutions to optimize the ad monetization and experience on eBay. We are innovating rapidly in the ad-tech space and there is no shortage of new challenges for motivated individuals. Read about some of our products and recent work here:
We are looking for an experienced Senior Manager, New Ventures to join the Ads New Ventures team. The ideal candidate is an entrepreneurial leader who understands the changing world of eCommerce and the role advertising plays in it. They will be a creative problem solver and doer . They have the tried and proven capability to “see” opportunities amidst the fog and ambiguity of the e-commerce and advertising landscape. They are also able to lead initiatives to capture these opportunities and value for users and the business.
This role requires a high level of intellectual curiosity, strategic and analytical skills, a strong work ethic, social skills and ability to lead cross functional teams even without formal authority. This person will report to the Sr Director, Head of Ads New Ventures.
- Lead the innovation of new ideas and businesses for eBay Ads, having the ability to think outside of the main lines of where eBay currently plays.
- Define new business models and products to grow the eBay ecosystem.
- Analyze industry trends to develop viable strategies for seller sponsored advertising off-eBay.
- Understand and translate customer needs into products that achieve strong market fit
- Collaborate with our partners in Engineering, Marketing Science, Product Marketing and Operations, and perform comfortably under fast paced and often ambiguous conditions.
- Help the Product marketing team build the right narrative and positioning for customers
- Own workstreams within the quarterly and annual planning processes
- 7+ years of working experience in tech strategy and execution roles
- Passion for building new businesses
- Proven track record of leading or influencing large-scale projects in a product environment
- Experience working in an end to end, cross functional environment with marketing, engineering, design, product, sales, ops, legal, finance etc, to deliver and bring new products/services to market
- Ability to deliver complex projects independently even under ambiguous circumstances
- Skilled in fact-based analysis, presentation, and interaction at the executive level.
- Experience and expertise in innovation strategy development and implementation, modeling, project design and management
- BS/BA degree required. MBA degree preferred.
- Based in SF Bay Area CA, New York NY, Seattle WA, Atlanta GA, Portland OR. Or any other eBay US location
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.