Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
About the job
The eBay Ads team is reinventing advertising at eBay! We are one of the fastest growing teams at eBay. We are innovating rapidly in the ad-tech space and there is no shortage of new challenges for motivated individuals. Read about some of our products and recent work here:
We are looking for an experienced Product Innovations & Strategy Manager to join the Ads New Ventures team. The ideal candidate a creative problem solver and doer familiar with the most effective innovation methodologies e.g. design thinking, agile and lean. They also have tried and proven capability to “see” future opportunities amidst the fog and ambiguity of tech and capture these opportunities and value for users and the business. Ideally, they are also familiar with the changing world of eCommerce and the role advertising plays in it.
This role requires a high level of intellectual curiosity, strategic and analytical skills, a strong work ethic, social skills and ability to lead cross functional teams even without formal authority. They will research, design, test and launch new businesses within the commerce marketplaces Ads space. They excel in collaborating with, and influencing senior leaders. This role will report to the Sr Director, Head of Ads New Ventures.
- Lead innovation projects and programs for creating new ideas and businesses for eBay Ads, and think outside of the main lines of where eBay currently plays.
- Define new business models and products to grow the eBay ecosystem.
- Analyze industry trends to develop viable strategies for seller sponsored advertising off-eBay.
- Understand and translate customer needs into products that achieve strong market fit
- Collaborate with our partners in Engineering, Marketing Science, Product Marketing and Operations, and perform comfortably under fast paced and often ambiguous conditions.
- Help the Product marketing team build the right narrative and positioning for customers
- Own work streams within the quarterly and annual planning processes
- 7+ years of working experience in tech strategy and execution roles
- Passion for building new businesses
- Proven track record of leading or influencing large-scale projects in a product environment
- Experience working in an end to end, cross functional environment with marketing, engineering, design, product, sales, ops, legal, finance etc, to deliver and bring new products/services to market
- Ability to deliver complex projects independently even under ambiguous circumstances
- Skilled in fact-based analysis, presentation, and interaction at the executive level.
- Experience and expertise in innovation strategy development and implementation, modeling, project design and management
- BS/BA degree required. MBA degree preferred.
- Based in SF Bay Area CA, New York NY, Seattle WA or Portland OR, Austin TX, Atlanta GA. Or any other eBay US location
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.