eBay Inc. is a global commerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers around the world. We exist to enable economic opportunity for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses and organizations of all sizes. eBay Marketplaces operates in 190 markets worldwide.
Looking for a company that encourages passion, courage and imagination, where successful team members are part of the team crafting the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating a results-oriented and inclusive work environment, join eBay – a company you will be proud to be a member of!
About the team:
The Core Technology (CT) team is responsible for the end-to-end eBay technology platform. The EPIC (Experimentation & Science, Personalization, Instrumentation, Crawler) team within CT is responsible for providing horizontal experimentation, personalization, customer behavior tracking, and crawling platform capabilities to enable the rest of the organization to build magical eBay external customer experiences.
This senior technical Product Manager role focuses on our core experimentation platform. If you’re obsessed about building delightful customer experience, have experimentation in your DNA and want to drive building a custom built experimentation platform that would empower all applicable customer journey use cases, then you are who we are looking for.
In this role, you will need to demonstrate strong leadership, organizational and execution skills, to drive product development projects from concept to launch, and operate in a fast- paced setting.
- Be a strong advocate of experimentation DNA and drive adoption of Experimentation Platform across eBay.
- Lead a matrix team to define, evolve product strategy, and product roadmap; integrate usability studies, and market analysis.
- Close partnership with engineering to understand technical trade-offs and architecture to optimally influence product design
- Bridge business and technical worlds very well, a good conceptual problem solver to articulate opportunities and solutions.
- Lead in-person or virtual conversations with internal customers to understand users, priorities, and feature considerations
- 5+ years product management experience, with 2+ years’ proven experience driving forward-thinking vision and product roadmap for data platform products operating at significant scale. BS degree plus MBA or related work experience required
- Technical confidence. You’ll need to work with senior engineers to balance product velocity and technical debt tradeoffs
- Passion for experimentation and knowledge of statistical concepts. Ideal candidates will have run experiments in a previous role.
- Skilled in evaluating the competitive landscape, identifying compelling solutions, analyzing technologies, and assessing the importance of emerging tools and platforms
- Excellent leadership and communication skills. Expect to be asking questions, listening, driving team alignment, and influencing without authority across all levels of the organization.
- Deep customer empathy and curiosity that’s paired with knowledge of how to capture and synthesize customer needs and support company objectives
- As leader of your products, you will wear many hats: own your product roadmap, continuously measure performance and optimize for key success metrics, listen to our customers, make trade-offs, and work to elevate the customer experience and drive business value.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.