Data Scientist II, Analytics
Interested in applying your analytical mind to how an online travel company grows through marketing activities?
We are looking for a passionate and inquisitive Data Scientist II, Analytics to join our Marketing Analytics Team, focusing on cross-channel growth marketing, with the mentality of going after the biggest opportunities as we continue to push forward in this area.
As a core member of our team, you will be applying sophisticated data science techniques to provide essential strategic decision support to the Expedia Group (EG) Growth Marketing teams.
This role will include a variety of exciting projects that you will work on to drive business strategy. Your insights will be used to improve our understanding of the interactions within channels, and how we can optimise and streamline our business decisions at an even faster pace. If you are passionate about results, a self-starter, and have demonstrated success in using analytics to inspire change then this position is for you!
What you’ll do
- Proactively engage with internal and external partners to assess existing and upcoming business needs, presenting your analyses to a wide EG community
- Apply sophisticated analytics techniques, and statistical methods to tackle business problems
- Full end-to-end responsibility of running projects and solving problems, with the mentorship of a senior analytics manager
- Collaborate and work with other functions such as finance, growth marketing and other analytic teams to drive positive change
- Influence partners and senior leaders through communicating across various levels of the organization in a clear and captivating way
- Pick analytically valid approaches, balancing level of effort, favouring iterative delivery that solves for the objective, not the ask
- Prioritise multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, with end to end ownership
- Share expertise and best practises with analytical functions across the business to optimise future workstreams
Who you are
- 2+ years of experience in data mining, statistical modelling, and business analysis with at least a bachelor’s degree in an analytical field (STEM) required. Advanced degrees/qualifications in the above are a plus but not essential
- Previous experience in translating complex data findings into clear insights through languages such as SQL, R and Python, with demonstrated ability in big data manipulation
- Proven commercial sense combined with storytelling abilities to easily communicate this to other teams
- Have a true passion for data, analytics, online marketing and travel and possess a strong commercial acumen
- Have an inquisitive nature, able to drill into details, sharing findings in a concise manner
- Results-oriented and motivated, with a self-responsibility for the insights that you product