The Mobile App Marketing team at Expedia group is the team responsible for driving downloads and engagement. We work across a variety of channels to help travelers discover our awesome apps and get them to use it. We drive installs through owned placements on our mobile site, through paid campaigns (such as Apple Search Ads, Google UAC, and Facebook), and through search discoverability in the Apple App Store and Google Play – AKA App Store Optimization!
As a global growth marketing organization, we use data driven analysis to optimize marketing initiatives. The rate of change is drastic and data and insights are still maturing. The unknowns in this space are high and there’s no better place to use your own motivation and determination to build a path and make an impact by bringing in unique solutions. If the idea of forging a path, helping us define the future for app marketing through innovation and data sounds exciting, we are looking for you!
We have an opening for a Mobile Marketing Manager who will optimizing our App/Play store listings for conversion and search discoverability. In this role one will need to be comfortable using various resources to build an ASO plan, have the ability to drive and coordinate activities across multiple teams, be innately curious, detail oriented, be highly analytical comfortable with pulling data through SQL queries by yourself and have innovative solutions. Establishing ASO processes, documenting standard methodologies, research new insights and trends for optimization, test and learn in stores, and lead delivery of app store content, localization, and creative/media will be key responsibilities. This role requires one who is willing to go deep, navigate through ambiguity, and work in an environment where you partner with multiple partners to achieve success. Having knowledge of building and editing creatives will really help. Your marketing knowledge, business acumen, analytical skills and creative skills will be put to the test as we bring on new initiatives and optimize existing marketing initiatives.
What you’ll do:
- Own all of Expedia Group Apps’ App Store presence, optimization, and localization strategy globally for 30 countries and over 20 languages
- Program manage ASO activities
- Work cross functionally between product, engineering, brand, marketing, legal, customer support team, finance, vendor management and analytics to streamline processes, iterate quickly and drive ASO strategy
- Stay on top of ASO trends and formulate new ideas to test
- Test in the app stores, monitor performance and effectively communicate results
- Train/educate other individuals and teams about ASO responsibilities and it’s impacts
- Create, communicate and maintain documentation such as playbooks, templates and best practices
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree or at least 4+ years of equivalent professional experience
- Strive for results with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- SEO experience is preferred
- Creative skills such as editing/crafting images or videos is a plus
- Be meticulous and believe that details matter greatly to the success of the team
- Cross functionally collaborate with strong communication skills to embrace, influence and champion change thereby possessing strong leadership skills
- Be self-organized and skilled in project and program management
- Ability to solve problems & operate in ambiguity
- Proven record of working independently to define and execute key analyses
- Mobile, E-commerce, Internet, travel, or consumer/retail experience a plus
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel/Data Queries and demonstrated experience in analysis and research
- A professional ‘get it done’ attitude and diligent
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group’s family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, Egencia®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee’s I-9 to confirm work authorization.