We believe messaging will be the primary way people choose to connect with businesses. Research shows that over 63% of people across generations prefer messaging a business over using phone or email. We’re seeing incredible growth on Messenger and Instagram as people message businesses to build relationships, ask questions, and get support. It’s still early days, and our opportunity is huge: billions of person-to-business interactions happen every day, mostly through legacy channels like phone and email.
The Business Messaging Experiences Product Marketing team is responsible for tools and developer API’s across Messenger and Instagram that enable people and businesses to connect safely and effectively. Our team works to uncover deep customer and market insights, position our products and solutions, define go-to-market strategy, build scalable programs used by sales and partnerships teams, and tell our story through content and campaigns. As a team, we combine the best parts of a fast-moving startup while operating at global scale. We’re entrepreneurial, thoughtful, and have fun as we work together to help people and businesses connect with messaging.
We are looking for a Product Marketing Lead to work closely with Product, Engineering, Sales, Partnerships, and Marketing teams to help build, launch, and scale products and programs that grow and monetize person-to-business messaging. Your team’s mission is to uncover market needs and insights, influence products, and establish world-class go-to-market strategy and plans that unlock value for people and businesses via messaging.
This role requires strong collaboration skills, excellent analytical and communication skills, comfort working autonomously through ambiguity, and high bias for action. If you have experience taking early stage business technology products to market and thrive in a fast-paced environment, we’d be thrilled to meet you.
Product Marketing Lead – Messenger and Instagram Business Messaging Experiences Responsibilities
- Lead your team in identifying growth opportunities, building business and product strategy, and developing effective go-to-market strategies
- Build a diverse and inclusive team and team culture
- Develop and inspire your team to deliver their best work and build skills for long-term growth
- Drive clear alignment, prioritization, and resourcing to executive effectively with cross-functional teams
- Manage and prioritize budget and shared services resources to support strategy and plans
- Identify opportunities by conducting research with businesses and partners, including deep quantitative, qualitative and competitive analysis
- Lead market assessment, quantitative analysis, segmentation, and represent the requirements to product/engineering teams
- Plan and lead cross-functional efforts to drive product beta programs and launches
- Lead the team in creating compelling product marketing communications and content, including web, sales-facing materials, press releases, etc.
- Be an advocate for Facebook’s business messaging solutions via engagements, customer calls, analyst briefings, webinars, etc.
- BA/BS degree
- 15+ years work experience in a combination of strategy consulting, product marketing, business development, sales operations, or equivalent functions
- 5+ years experience building and growing high performing team
- Communicator with experience simplifying concepts and influencing executive audiences
- Cross-functional experience collaborating with partners and managing stakeholders
- B2B SaaS, technology solutions, or developer marketing experience
- Experience working in product marketing or product management (working closely with product team and/or sales)
- Experience working with diverse partners (channel, technology, etc.)