Compensation: Hourly $22 – $24
The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range or starting rate of candidates hired in Colorado. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, your remote work location (for remote postings), how many years of experience you have, and comparison to other employees already in this role.
Are ready for your career to take flight with FedEx? Join us for our 10-week internship program where you work on real-world projects, collaborate with team members, and have fun along the way. At FedEx, our internship program is for college students who are pursing either an undergraduate or graduate degree. As a FedEx intern, you will be working on projects directly related to your degree getting you valuable, real-world experience. Our culture at FedEx, is putting people first. We promote growth and opportunity for all of our employees. FedEx interns will also have the opportunity to participate in several organized events including community service, executive speaking engagements, and networking opportunities. Deliver what’s next in your career with FedEx by applying today!
High School graduate or equivalent. Student has completed at least two years towards a college degree. Enrollment as undergraduate or graduate student in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering, Business, Business Analytics, Management, Finance, Economics, Information Security/Science/Technology, Information Systems, Engineering, Statistics, or other related major.
Summer 2022 Intern Program Details/Job Posting
Full-time internship opportunity from June 2022 to August 2022. Interns may work individually or on a team of 4-6 interns. The assigned project may relate to mobile applications, geo-fencing, digital pictures, revenue systems, or other initiative. This job posting is for multiple positions within FedEx Freight IT:
- Mobile Full Stack Software Developer
- Analytics Software Engineer
- Scrum Master
ABOUT FEDEX SERVICES IT:
FedEx Services IT Position Information
Operating an extensive global computer network, the FedEx Services IT department contains approximately 5,000 professionals. IT positions range from highly technical to more business-focused, including but not limited to the following:
- Application Development
- Business Analyst
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Customer Technology Consultant
- Database Administration
- Data Science
- Information Security
- IT Architecture
- Project Management
- Software Engineering
- Supply Chain
- System Administration
- Systems Support
- Technical Analysis
The company does not offer immigration sponsorship for the permanent position(s) that will be offered to successful interns who are hired into the Foundations Program or full-time entry level positions (below the SK salary band).
Under close supervision, the successful candidate will apply modern technology to assist with development of computer programs and applications for real-world FedEx Freight business initiatives. Projects may involve mobile applications, web development, Quality Assurance testing automation, big data platforms, revenue systems, and/or architecture development. Successful candidates will fill one of the below positions. Position specific technologies used may include:
Mobile Full Stack Software Developer Skills:
- Angular, Ionic, TypeScript
- Jasmine and Karma Test Framework
- Android, Java, Gradle
- Junit Test Framework
- Sonarqube, Jacoco
- GitLab, Jenkins, Maven
- Agile Practices: TDD, Pair Programing
Analytics Software Engineer Skills:
- Angular, Modern Web Development
- Java, Spring, Spingboot
- Junit Test Framework
- Sonarqube, Jacoco
- GitLab, Jenkins, Maven
- ETL/ELT Data Engineering
Scrum Master Skills:
- Agile Methodology
- Communication and presentation skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
The candidate may complete root cause analysis as well as test, document, and implement IT projects for FedEx IT initiatives. Individuals may also perform database design, database support, and systems enhancements.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Solid foundation in computing.
- Knowledge and/or experience with one or more of the technologies/skill sets mentioned above.
- Familiarity with Unix, Linux or Windows administration and scripting.
- Familiarity with designing and evaluating IT solutions.
- Experience in IT or Information Security.
- Strong analytical and communication skills, including technical writing.
- Basic understanding of business principles and project management.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to complete large volumes of work efficiently and effectively
The following are considered a plus:
- Enrollment as undergraduate at junior year or above or graduate student in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Information Science, Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Computer Information Systems, Network Engineering, Programming, Information Security, Mechanical Engineering, Information Technology, Information Engineering, Business Analysis, Data Structures and Analysis, or other quantitative major.
- Ideally, plans to graduate within 12 months of completing the internship and begin full-time employment.
Resume should include the following information:
- College address and permanent home address.
- Email address.
- Telephone number.
- The following regarding the degree you are currently pursuing and any previous undergraduate or graduate degrees:
- Name of college/university.
- Degree (For example, bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, or doctorate).
- Major and/or minor.
- Overall GPA.
- Major GPA.
- Date of intended graduation (Month and year).
Expected Internship Program Timeline
- Interviews typically occur October-January.
- Offers are typically extended October-February.
- Internship occurs early June-mid-August.
Domicile Location for Summer 2022 Internship:
These positions may be domiciled in Lakeland, FL / Harrison, AR / Colorado Springs, CO / Memphis, TN / or Remote with the United States may be available, based on business need.
Relocation assistance not available.
Employee Benefits: Medical, dental, and vision insurance; paid Life and AD&D insurance; tuition reimbursement; paid sick leave; paid parental leave, paid vacation, and additional paid time off; geographic pay ranges; 401K with Company match and incentive bonus potential; sales incentive compensation for selling roles.
FedEx. Where now meets next.
Our vision is to be the earth’s most engaged advocates of connected commerce where open borders, new markets and fair, sustainable practices are the norm for the billions of personal supply chains being managed every day in our always on, mobile-first world. We stand for ease, access and opportunity. We lead purposeful innovation, champion entrepreneurs, advocate free trade and empower humans and their place in the era of autonomy and AI. We fight for our customers, a more sustainable planet and an ethical playing field.
FedEx inspires its more than 570,000 team members to remain focused on safety, the highest ethical and professional standards and the needs of their customers and communities. FedEx is committed to connecting people and possibilities around the world responsibly and resourcefully, with a goal to achieve carbon-neutral operations by 2040.
FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer:
- Fortune “World’s Most Admired Companies” – 2021
- Forbes “Best Employers for Diversity” – 2021
- LinkedIn “Top 100 Companies” – 2021
- TIME “100 Most Influential Companies” – 2021
- World HRD Congress “Best Gender Equality Workplace” – 2021
- InsiderPro ComputerWorld “Best Places to Work for IT” – 2021
FedEx Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetics disability, or protected Veteran status.
FedEx Services does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities in regard to job application procedures, hiring, and other terms and conditions of employment. Further, FedEx Services is prepared to make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee to enable the applicant or employee to be considered for the desired position, to perform the essential functions of the position in question, or to enjoy equal benefits and privileges of employment as are enjoyed by other similarly situated employees without disabilities, unless the accommodation will impose an undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation is needed, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.