- Under close supervision, contributes on worldwide integrated financial, operational, information system audits and special projects. This is a temporary intern position.
Job Specific Information:
Full-time temporary internship opportunity available in Plano, Texas starting in July 2021 and ending in December 2021.
Students must be actively enrolled in a degree program and maintain good academic standing.
- Assist in the performance of financial/operational/information systems audits and special projects.
- Assist in the preparation of formal reports and presentations of audit results for senior and executive management.
- Conduct interviews with all levels of personnel as required to complete audit assignments.
- Attend meetings with management to discuss audit issues and to develop action plans.
Skills/Knowledge Considered a Plus:
- Should be a candidate for a Bachelor’s (Junior or Senior, preferred) or master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Systems or a related field
- Should have an overall GPA of 3.0
- Preferably, a student should be available for full time employment 6-18 months after completion of internship
- Availability for up to 20-50% domestic travel
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Demonstrated planning, organizing and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good communication skills (listening, verbal, written)
- Experience using Microsoft office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Resumes should include the following information:
- College address and permanent home address
- College telephone number and permanent home telephone number
- Overall GPA and major GPA
- Date of intended graduation
- High school graduate or equivalent. Current college student pursing a degree in accounting, finance, information systems or related field. Strong communication skills and analytical skills required.
FedEx. Where now meets next.
Our vision is to be the earth’s most engaged advocates of connected commerce where open borders, new markets and fair, sustainable practices are the norm for the billions of personal supply chains being managed every day in our always on, mobile-first world. We stand for ease, access and opportunity. We lead purposeful innovation, champion entrepreneurs, advocate free trade and empower humans and their place in the era of autonomy and AI. We fight for our customers, a more sustainable planet and an ethical playing field.
FedEx inspires its more than 570,000 team members to remain focused on safety, the highest ethical and professional standards and the needs of their customers and communities. FedEx is committed to connecting people and possibilities around the world responsibly and resourcefully, with a goal to achieve carbon-neutral operations by 2040.
FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer:
- Fortune “World’s Most Admired Companies” – 2021
- Forbes “Best Employers for Diversity” – 2021
- LinkedIn “Top 100 Companies” – 2021
- TIME “100 Most Influential Companies” – 2021
- World HRD Congress “Best Gender Equality Workplace” – 2021
- InsiderPro ComputerWorld “Best Places to Work for IT” – 2021
FedEx Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetics disability, or protected Veteran status.
FedEx Services does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities in regard to job application procedures, hiring, and other terms and conditions of employment. Further, FedEx Services is prepared to make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee to enable the applicant or employee to be considered for the desired position, to perform the essential functions of the position in question, or to enjoy equal benefits and privileges of employment as are enjoyed by other similarly situated employees without disabilities, unless the accommodation will impose an undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation is needed, please contact email@example.com.