Fidelity is looking to hire a Portfolio Analyst to join its Fixed Income Division. The Portfolio Analyst will provide investment support for one or more Fixed Income portfolio management teams. This individual will report to the Head of Portfolio Analysis and will work closely with portfolio managers, traders, research analysts and investment operations professionals. The position requires a familiarity with fixed income investing, an interest in and knowledge of portfolio analysis and implementation techniques; entails significant technology engagement; demands effective communication and data management capabilities; requires attention to detail; and calls for an independent individual who will seek continuous improvement of investment processes and skills.
- Ensure that a large number of portfolios are structured appropriately relative to their benchmarks, strategies or risk objectives, as developed by portfolio management team.
- Ensure portfolio targets for cash, duration, and currency exposures are managed appropriately in accordance with Portfolio Managers.
- Analyze shareholder/client activity and work with Portfolio Managers on investment and divestment options.
- Create trade orders and ensure orders, trades, and portfolios are always in compliance.
- Develop a keen understanding of the team domain and share knowledge across teams.
- Work to improve, iterate and further automate existing end user applications and develop new end user tools.
- Perform analysis projects in conjunction with the portfolio managers and research staff to continuously refine and improve the investment methodology and associated policies.
- Streamline the investment process and reduce operational risk through measurement and reporting.
- Contribute to the implementation, launch, on-going management and improvement of investment strategies using scalable methodologies.
- Develop constructive relationships with research analysts, quantitative analysts, traders, and investment operations to support the investment process as the business scales.
In this role, you will actively contribute to all aspects of the investment process. In addition, the position requires:
- 3-5 years of investment experience in the fixed income field, and knowledge of fixed income markets and securities is preferred, but not required.
- Experience performing investment analysis and understanding portfolio construction.
- Working knowledge of SQL and Python or progress towards them
- Ability to think creatively and initiate projects that lead to improved implementation of investment strategies.
- Willingness to contribute to all aspects of projects as investment and operational processes are developed and implemented.
- Ability to make decisions quickly, often with limited information and with high attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; experience presenting sophisticated concepts and results to large audiences in an intuitive manner.
- Real passion for financial markets and the investment management process.