Analyze investment, risk management and budget needs of institutional and private clients. Review client’s risk tolerance and update in order to provide applicable guidance to enable clients to make informed financial decisions. Analyst must have in-depth understanding of finance, financial
concepts, and complex financial documents and possess excellent analytical ability in the financial field. Excellent communication skills are required to explain and justify complex financial terms and concepts. Perform investment due diligence in support of portfolio analysis, design and management, utilizing industry software technology.
- Peer review and assistance in evaluating investment portfolios for clients, taking into consideration a range of information, including economic trends, regulatory changes, and the client’s comfort level when taking risky decisions. Fifty percent of time is devoted to these specific activities:
- Analyze financial data, compile reports, and prepare recommendations to management and/or clients in relation to financial activities, investment, insurance, retirement plans and overall business operations.
- Evaluate and compare the relative quality of various securities and advise FIRM’s business clients re. same
- Select and recommend overall portfolio composition and diversification of clients’ assets based on established investment policy and guidelines as permitted under applicable state law
- Regularly review clients’ accounts and plans to determine whether economic changes, environmental concerns, or financial performance indicate a need for plan reassessment.
- Develop technical or quantitative strategies to hedge against adverse conditions
- Prepare fund performance reviews, fiduciary and due diligence reports in addition to financial planning proposals. Fifty percent of time is devoted to these specific activities:
- Preparing and interpreting clients’ information such as investment performance reports, financial document summaries, and income projections;
- Measuring clients’ investment activities and results to ensure their compliance with the investment policy guidelines;
- Preparing government filings with respect to clients’ investment;
- Monitoring clients’ ongoing conditions or changes in operations and investment activities;
- Assisting with the implementation of FIRM’s business planning objectives.
Requirements: 0 – Three years’ experience in a financial and/or analytical position. An in-depth knowledge of data analyzing, strategic planning, effective communication and team work.
Education: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Finance, Investment and/or related field. Some or all CFA exams passed and/or FINRA Registered in Series 7 & 66 Preferred.
- MS Office Suite including WORD, EXCEL, PowerPoint.
Other related skills: The ability to communicate with all levels of the organization and with outside vendors and legal counsel is essential. This position also requires a self-directed individual who can excel both independently and as a team player in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. Candidates must be able to complete tasks according to accepted levels of quality. Experience or interest in entrepreneurial work environment is preferred. Knowledge of Financial Accounting, Business Statistics, and Financial Management.
Ability to develop proficiency with multiple office technology: Redtail CRM, Emoney, Morningstar Advisor WorkStation, NFS (Fidelity Clearing) brokerage trading platforms.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands and work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- Physical Demands: While performing the job duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to fingers; handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: Due to COVID, onboarding, training and work will be performed remotely, unless client requests meeting at their location.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings.
- Judgment—the individual displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions.
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.