At Freddie Mac, you will do important work to build a better housing finance system and you’ll be part of a team helping to make homeownership and rental housing more accessible and affordable across the nation.
As part of Freddie Mac’s return to the office pilot, all employees, contingent workers and visitors must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to be on-site unless they have an approved accommodation.
At Freddie Mac, you will do important work to build a better housing finance system and you’ll be part of a team helping to make homeownership and rental housing more accessible and affordable across the nation. Launch your career by doing more at Freddie Mac! Our internships and graduate programs give you the opportunity to tackle a variety of challenging roles and make your mark on several projects. From day one, you’ll gain confidence, see your ideas take shape and build a network of people who are invested in your success. We’re not just the next step, we’re the right step!
ERM’s objective is to build strong, effective and efficient risk management in order to help manage risk and capital and the largest financial institutions. We are responsible for independent oversight and assessment of the company’s financial and non-financial risks. We establish and communicate the enterprise risk framework — including corporate risk policies and standards — while promoting a strong risk culture.
Our internship offers you the chance to make meaningful contributions to our risk management objectives and provides exposure to a wide spectrum of risk disciplines that will allow you to build on the knowledge and analytical skills you have acquired through your advanced studies. You will work with some of the brightest minds in the financial services industry and develop your knowledge of risk management, all while building valuable skills and making lifelong connections.
Upon successful completion of the three-month internship and your advanced degree, you may be extended an opportunity to join our Enterprise Graduate Risk Rotation program – a two-year analyst rotation program that allows you to work in different risk management areas such as Credit, Market and Model risk. Our analyst program is designed to help you build a broad skill set, develop a comprehensive foundation in risk management, and accelerate your career growth by gaining exposure to our enterprise-level risk management function.
As an intern, you will support short-term projects that contribute to division priorities, which may include one or more of the following activities:
- Assist in the assessment of business unit exposures by identifying risks, evaluating their potential impact and reviewing the strengths and weaknesses of the organization’s existing controls
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes
- Develop and implement key analytics and other reports
- Support strategic planning and change management initiatives
- Perform budgeting, forecasting and cost monitoring activities
- Work on cross-functional projects and/or teams and assist with project management activities
Participation in the program will support your continued professional development through access to targeted training courses and exposure to senior management. You will gain knowledge of risk management concepts in the financial industry and an understanding of critical organizational business and risk management functions, all while enhancing your own competencies, by:
- Building critical leadership, business and analytical skills
- Creating your personal brand and growing your internal network
- Obtaining support and guidance from dedicated program managers, experienced rotational analysts and knowledgeable mentors
- Enhancing your knowledge of financial and risk concepts and Freddie Mac’s key role in the mortgage market through a custom-designed training curriculum
- Participating in organized community service events to complement your professional development with personal growth
- Enrolled in a full-time graduate degree program in business administration (MBA), finance, economics, public policy, law or related subject area
- Three to seven years of professional work experience
- Graduating in either December 2022 or May 2023
Keys to Success in this Role:
- Execution focused, with proven initiative, personal accountability and leadership
- Strong consultation and influencing skills
- Ability to work with and collaborate within a team and across the broader organization
- Ability to work independently and adapt in a changing environment
- Curiosity to learn and challenge the status quo
- Interest or experience in financial markets, securitization, trading of financial products, or loan and security portfolio management
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, specifically Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Microstrategy and/or Tableau
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience working with large data sets
Current Freddie Mac employees please apply through the internal career site.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC.
Time-type:Full timeJob Category:Intern / TemporaryFLSA Status:Non-Exempt