Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
The GM Portfolio Planning team is seeking candidates who thrive in a fast-paced team environment, deliver results as a way of life, and are inspired to drive strategic decision making from an enterprise point of view. Individuals must show a passion for the future of electrification & mobility, a capacity for strategic thinking, an analytical mindset, and a strong desire to succeed. In this role, you will help drive decisions for the future product portfolio and investment of corporate resources toward vehicle and propulsion development. The ideal candidate thrives in an unstructured environment where initiative, creativity, maturity, and enthusiasm for learning are highly valued.
**We currently have multiple openings for an analyst role with various groups in Planning.
Analyst, Vehicle & Technology Planning
The Vehicle & Technology Planning Analyst supports vehicle planning early in the vehicle development phase for New and Major programs, including assessing the integrated voice of the customer, writing Notices of Decision, assist in building program attribute charts, establishing the Advanced Program Execution Team meetings and the creation of the program Technology Plan. Story-telling and presentation skills are highly valued in this role.
Portfolio Planning Analyst
The NA Portfolio Planning analyst will support global / regional portfolio planning for brand and new product initiatives, technology / monetization, electrification, and cross-portfolio regulatory compliance strategy.
PT&E Portfolio Planning Analyst
The PT&E Portfolio Planning Analyst will be responsible for driving propulsion portfolio plans (Key New and Major Program Initiatives and Studies) for various vehicle architectures and programs to support overall company vision, vehicle & brand strategy, customer needs, and financial objectives.
Analyst Key Responsibilities
- Provide a point of view informed by data, tools, and robust cross-functional synthesis
- Develop effective presentations for multiple GM leadership levels and organizations that will be used to inform business decisions and strategic initiatives
- Lead execution of studies, development of insights, and concise framing of recommendations, working with cross-functional stakeholders (Marketing, Finance, Program Management, Engineering, Design, Manufacturing, etc.
- Work in collaboration with other Planning areas (Global / Regional Planning, Forecasting, Market Research, Competitive Intelligence, Powertrain, Features & Technology, Advanced Concepts)
- Identify and assess new solutions and unique business models such as alternative revenue models, analytics / services, and technology / features monetization
- Ability to use various data sources, including the portfolio planning database (GM3PD), long term volume forecasts, competitor intelligence, product program financial, etc.
- Support development and facilitation of executive-level reviews
- Identify portfolio gaps / opportunities, track horizon plan development for portfolio definition, and support pre-PFI activities for next-generation products
- Participate in advanced vehicle studies and with current vehicle teams to develop propulsion plans primarily prior to DSI
- Evaluate demand and capacity implications to assess capital investments
Additional Job Description
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience, preferably MBA or Master’s Degree
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
- Experience with the fundamentals of vehicle program financial analysis
- Ability to formulate strategies and concepts, with strong business acumen and data analysis skills
- Project management skills – action oriented, works towards deadlines, manages team deliverables, with a sense of ownership and urgency
- Communicates clearly and succinctly; ability to tailor message to the audience and read the room
- Dealing with ambiguity
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams and SharePoint
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.