Manages the day-to-day operations of an assigned property including managing the team members, daily activities, and resources of the property to achieve established budgeted financial and operational goals, and ensures that the operation of the property complies with Company policies and procedures, Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and other laws and regulations governing multi-family housing operations.
- Assists in the due diligence and takeover process by completing file audits and unit inspections, as well as conducting interviews and facilitating onboarding processes
- Acts as a performance improvement resource to onsite team members by following up to provide individual coaching and one-on-one training, conducting remedial and refresher training, and suggesting education and training alternatives and options based on specific situations.
- Provides input into the development of budget(s) for assigned communities by analyzing and evaluating financial statements, reviewing current and projected marketing information, and accessing operational reports that establish historic and predict performance patterns.
- Meets targeted revenues of assigned communities by ensuring rent and fees are collected and posted in a timely manner, making financial bank deposits, and preparing and reviewing monthly financial status reports.
- Approves invoices from vendors, contractors, and service providers for payment by reconciling work performed or products purchased, ensuring validity of certificates of insurance, coding charges to appropriate Chart of Account codes, and managing communication between the vendor/contractor, accounting, and the client/owner as needed.
- Controls expenditures by staying within the constraints of the approved budget and manages the balance and maintenance of the petty cash fund.
- Oversees the lease enforcement process by approving prospective resident applications, discounts and renewal leases, conducts periodic apartment inspections, follows proper notice requirements, evicts residents, and imposes and collects late fees and other charges as allowable and stated in the terms of the lease.
- Establishes relationships with the appropriate housing officials and others affiliated with the academic institution(s),by staying informed about policies that may impact the community and residents, developing policies and guidelines for residents, communicating regularly with university representatives, and ensuring the community’s compliance with pertinent regulations.
- Gathers, analyzes, and interprets current market and economic trends that may impact the property and implements short- and long-range marketing and leasing strategies to achieve the property’s occupancy and revenue goals.
- Promotes resident satisfaction and retention by responding to complaints, questions, and requests in a timely manner, and taking appropriate action to resolve and address service issues. Ensures the property’s maintenance team members comply with the Company’s standards with respect to responding and completing resident service requests.
- Assists with establishing and implementing social media accounts, email templates, craigslist/free online advertising templates, websites and search optimization, and other online tools
- Monitors online rating and reputation management sites and assists on-site teams with response recommendations.
- Conducts regular property inspections and takes appropriate actions to ensure that the physical aspects of the property, grounds, buildings, and amenities meet established standards for safety, cleanliness, and general appearance and appeal.
- Supervises property team members by interviewing, hiring, orienting, and training employees, and manages their performance in accordance with Company policies, values, and business practices.
- Assists in managing the client/owner relationship by meeting with the owners, conducting property tours, providing updates and information about the property’s performance, and responding to owner requests as needed.
- Completes various accounting, financial, administrative, and other reports and performs other duties as assigned or as necessary.
Depending on the position offered, regular full-time and part-time team members may be eligible to participate in a bonus program in addition to their base salary. Once eligible, team members may participate in the 401k plan. Regular, full-time team members are also offered a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits from which to choose.
Greystar will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.