The Manager of Investment Accounting is responsible for the management and coordination of the assigned area’s financial reporting, asset acquisition and disposition, and cash management functions to ensure compliance with the Company’s accounting procedures and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Cash Management Analyze the cash position of the portfolios and use this knowledge to facilitate discussions with the Director and Portfolio Manager where necessary. Mentor the Senior and Investment Accountant in their daily cash management functions, as well as review and approve the sources and uses file completed by the senior monthly and use this as a tool to perform their cash analysis.
- Third Party Reporting Respond to investor requests and provide reporting in addition to the quarterly financial statements and partner capital statements. Review deliverables to ensure accuracy prior to sending. When necessary, discuss these reports with the Director and Portfolio Manager prior to sending. Ensure all the reporting deadlines are being met.
- Capital Transactions Manage the calculation and documentation process. Review and approve contribution and distribution packets prepared by the team and ensure final notices have been sent to investors via Interlinks.
- Financial Reporting Oversee the reporting of financials in accordance with IFRS and/or US GAAP. Perform 1st or 2nd level review of the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements prepared by the Senior and Investment Accountant. Review the monthly reporting work-papers and reconciling accounts, review the quarterly waterfall calculations, review the referenced and tied out consolidated financials, review the tables and charts that will be included within the management discussion and analysis (“MD&A”), review the MD&A supplied by the Portfolio Manager, and review the compilation of the Greystar Limited Partners’ equity income pick-up to the Corporate Accounting team. Ensure that every calculation or review completed by the Senior and Investment Accountant includes trust/LPA/facility agreement referencing in order to ensure compliance with all agreements. Answer any questions the Director has after reviewing the financials.
- Audit On an annual basis, or in accordance with the legal agreements, manage the audit for each of the funds/ventures. Direct oversight of the day to day process of the audit from start to finish. Check in with the Senior and make sure the audit remains on track to avoid any delays. Throughout this process, remain available should the Senior and Investment Accountant not be able to answer questions fielded from the auditors. Serve as the first level of review on the footnoted financial statements and once the full set of financials has been delivered to the auditors and approve any changes that come back, depending on level of complexity.
- During the closing of Investment acquisitions, be involved in reviewing and reference all closing documents, allocating the closing/completion payment across entities when necessary, preparing and delivering the closing capital call, preparing entity setup/IM setup in Yardi and preparing the opening entries. As applicable, communicate with property accounting and development accounting to make sure all teams are on the same page with regard to the closing and the accounting responsibilities of each team. During the closing process schedule meetings between Asset Management, Portfolio Management, Investment Accounting, and Development Accounting. Keep the team informed as to time line and deal specific information. Document and support each step of this process in order to help facilitate with the first year audit.
- Investment Dispositions Review and reference the closing documents, manage the wind down expenses, manage the disposition distribution to LPs (working alongside the tax department), manage the disposition true-up, manage the entity shut down and preparing all closing entries. Communicate with property accounting, development accounting, portfolio management and tax to make sure all teams are on the same page as to treatment of the disposition proceeds. Document and support each step of this process in order to help facilitate with the final audit.
Depending on the position offered, regular full-time and part-time team members may be eligible to participate in a bonus program in addition to their base salary. Once eligible, team members may participate in the 401k plan. Regular, full-time team members are also offered a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits from which to choose.
Greystar will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.