Guggenheim Securities’ Restructuring Group is a leading advisor to companies, investors and other stakeholders navigating complex financial situations and financial distress. In 2018, Guggenheim Securities announced the acquisition of Millstein & Co., a leading advisor to companies, investors, sovereigns and municipalities and other constituencies in special situations involving financial distress. The combined Restructuring Group advises companies, creditors, shareholders and other constituents on a wide range of distressed-related transactions including comprehensive balance sheet recapitalizations, liability management transactions facilitated via amendment, exchange and consent solicitation, distressed financings and distressed M&A. Recent transactions include AMC, California Pizza Kitchen, Form Technologies, Travelport and the State of California (PG&E).
Guggenheim Securities Investment Banking unit is seeking candidates to join the Restructuring Group for a 10-week Summer Associate Intern Program. This program offers an unparalleled opportunity to work as part of small client teams on major strategic assignments, providing meaningful exposure to senior bankers and client representatives. Candidates should be top performers who are willing to work hard in an unstructured environment where initiative, creativity, maturity and enthusiasm for learning are highly valued. We are seeking bright, highly motivated individuals with solid finance knowledge coupled with strong technical skills.
Essential Job Functions
- Identifying, researching and analyzing liability management, restructuring, distressed M&A and financing opportunities.
- Developing and maintaining financial models, capital structure solutions, and strategic alternatives for clients.
- Completing and reviewing valuation analysis.
- Researching company information and industry trends.
- Performing client due diligence.
- Preparing information memoranda and other transaction-related documentation.
- Preparing and contributing to delivery of client presentations and interacting with senior bankers, clients and co-advisors.
- Managing and developing junior resources.
- 2-5 years of work experience.
- Core modeling and valuation experience.
- Significant level of maturity and the ability to work as a team interfacing with top company executives and senior management.
- Highly organized, with the initiative and ability to work with limited supervision.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Effective process management abilities.
- Must be on track to receive a MBA in finance / economics or a related field from a top university.
- Must be on track to graduate in either December 2022 or Spring 2023.
Guggenheim Partners is a global investment and advisory firm with three primary businesses: investment management, investment banking, and insurance services. We have a track record of delivering results through innovative solutions, with professionals based in offices around the world. Our commitment is to advance the strategic interests of our clients and to deliver long-term results with excellence and integrity. You can learn more about our expertise and values by visiting GuggenheimPartners.com and following us on Twitter at twitter.com/guggenheimptnrs.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.