Who We Are
Horizon Media, founded in 1989 by Bill Koenigsberg, is recognized as one of the most innovative marketing and advertising firms. We are headquartered in New York City, with offices in Los Angeles and Toronto. A leader in driving business solutions for marketers, Horizon is known for its highly personal approach to client service. Renowned for its incredible culture, Horizon is consistently named to all the prestigious annual Best Places to Work lists published by Fortune, AdAge, Crain’s New York Business and Los Angeles Business Journal. Together we are building a place of belonging.
At Horizon, we understand the value that different perspectives can bring to our clients and culture, so we strive for an environment where our employees feel welcomed, safe and empowered. We value YOU and believe that your authentic voice and unique perspective allows us to create a more rewarding culture, and experience, together.
Our simple recipe for success? We hire talented people (thinkers, doers, dreamers, makers), challenge them and give them every opportunity to grow.
Horizon Media runs the premier marketing analytics practice in the United States combining great technology, methods and talent to grow our clients’ business. We are experts in marketing measurement advising some of the biggest brands in the country on how to structure optimal marketing programs, how to refine their approach over time and have a great time doing it.
At Horizon we pride ourselves on working collaboratively, building strong relationships and growing together. The agency creates an environment that rewards curiosity, risk taking and brings out the best in people. We invest in our talent and make sure to continuously keep up with the rapidly evolving data science and marketing landscapes.
Horizon is currently looking for an Analytics Manager to do great work with us. The ideal candidate is passionate about the data science space, continuously seeks to learn more and loves applying analytics skills within a marketing context.
If these questions sound interesting, we want to hear from you:
- How much will my brand’s sales increase if I invest $1MM more in TV ads this year?
- Did the funny online ad create a more favorable view of my brand with consumers?
- Why did 90% of users uninstall my brand’s app after one day?
What You’ll Do
- 15% Leading and mentoring junior Analytics team members
- 15% Outlining what we want to learn and picking the right metrics to look at
- 20% Overseeing proper measurement setup and data processing
- 25% Telling compelling stories with data
- 10% Being curious to find better ways to help our clients through applied data science
- 15% Partnering with internal teams, external partners and our clients
- Lead and mentor Junior Analysts, Analysts and Senior Analysts on the Analytics team
Who You Are
- An analytical mindset with the ability to communicate findings to others
- An independent worker with strong time management and organization skills
- A collaborative, team-oriented manager with strong delegation and organization skills; ability to manage up and down
- A problem solver with foresight and the ability to develop creative solutions
- Detail oriented with commitment to follow through
- Nimble and flexible to succeed in a fast-paced environment
- A left and right brain thinker
- A strong team player, willing to roll up their sleeves
- Excited to lead and coach team members
- An advocate for and supporter of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Preferred Skills & Experience
You should have experience with:
- Working in a client services environment and helping clients succeed
- Working across teams in a matrixed organization
- Cross-channel media and all relevant metrics, particularly for performance media channels (i.e. Impressions, GRPs)
- Creating measurement plans to outline what we want to measure and learn
- Working with teams and systems for proper measurement set-up
- Cleaning and transforming data
- Applying statistical methods in a marketing environment (e.g. logistic regression)
- Determining the difference between signal and noise
- Creating dashboards and telling compelling stories to different audiences
- Leading and mentoring several junior team members
- Continuous learning and suggesting better ways of servicing our clients
We know that there are a lot of tools out there and ideally you know how to use these:
- Ad-servers and verification tools (i.e. DoubleClick, DoubleVerify)
- Demand Side Platforms (e.g. The Trade Desk)
- Site and app analytics (i.e. Google Analytics, Kochava)
- Social listening (e.g. Netbase)
- Data Management Platforms (e.g. Neustar)
- Research Vendors (i.e. Kantar, YouGov)
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau)
- Self-serve analytics platforms (e.g. Knime, Alteryx)
- Scripting languages and relevant packages (e.g. R & tidyr)
- Integrated development environments (e.g. RStudio)
- SQL to query relational databases
Bonus points if you:
- Passionately argue against the use of pie charts
Certificates, licenses and registrations
Physical Activity and Work Environment
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.