Who We Are
Horizon Media, founded in 1989 by Bill Koenigsberg, is recognized as one of the most innovative marketing and advertising firms. We are headquartered in New York City, with offices in Los Angeles and Toronto. A leader in driving business solutions for marketers, Horizon is known for its highly personal approach to client service. Renowned for its incredible culture, Horizon is consistently named to all the prestigious annual Best Places to Work lists published by Fortune, AdAge, Crain’s New York Business and Los Angeles Business Journal. Together we are building a place of belonging.
At Horizon, we understand the value that different perspectives can bring to our clients and culture, so we strive for an environment where our employees feel welcomed, safe and empowered. We value YOU and believe that your authentic voice and unique perspective allows us to create a more rewarding culture, and experience, together.
Our simple recipe for success? We hire talented people (thinkers, doers, dreamers, makers), challenge them and give them every opportunity to grow.
The Senior Analyst, Analytics will help to help continue our expansion in our Analytics Department. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of digital metrics; both from a brand and direct response perspective as well as a track record of successfully building analytic approaches across a broad mix of clients. A major responsibility of this role will be to help build the Horizon Media approach and infrastructure for analytics on existing clients as well as provide measurement guidance on new business pitches. This is a unique opportunity for motivated individuals to help drive innovation and thought leadership throughout a vibrant and dynamic organization.
What You’ll Do
30% Data Communication/Cross-Functional Collaboration
- Work closely across the media planning and brand strategy teams to develop KPIs and reporting methodologies / approaches that match back to campaign and brand goals and to communicate that based on client needs.
- Communicate concise data points, trends, and measurement strategies to a broad audience – from development and technical experts to traditional brand managers.
35% KPI/Reporting & Dashboard/Visualization Development
- Help build the team to develop clear and concise reporting and dashboards that will deliver information in an intelligent and digestible manner
35% Analysis & Insight Generation
- Analyze information to bring forward insights, results, and suggesting optimizations to improve said results.
- Must be able to peel through the layers of reported data, disregarding the unnecessary, and deliver analysis and insight in a constructive and concise manner both internal and external client constituents.
Who You Are
- An analytical mindset with the ability to communicate findings to others
- An independent worker with strong time management and organization skills
- A problem solver with the ability to develop creative solutions
- A strong team player, willing to roll up your sleeves and collaborate with others
- Nimble and flexible with ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented with a commitment to follow through
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Strong analytical skills are required, including the ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and summarize actionable recommendations and their forecasted outcomes/implications.
- Proficiency in ad-serving, ad verification and site analytics platforms such as DCM, Innovid, Extreme Reach, IAS, Double Verify, Adobe Analytics and Google Analytics
- High level of familiarity with concepts of database design and SQL/Python, as well as data visualization (Tableau)
- Exposure to mobile, social, tablet measurement platforms and methodology
- Proven skills in analytical and strategic thinking, project management, presenting, and communication
- Understanding of role of multi-touch attribution and other advanced analytics in media evaluation
- Experience with syndicated research sources/tools (Gfk, MRI, Simmons, Scarborough, IMS, Nielsen, comScore)
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
- Thought leadership on all aspects of digital advertising, digital media strategy and standard media measurement
- Strong understanding of traditional and digital advertising, strategy and measurement
- Experience managing and coordinating efforts across various teams/offices
- Ability to manage and prioritize a number of concurrent tasks with high level of attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to convey and package complex technical ideas to multiple audiences
- 2-3 years relevant experience
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
Physical Activity and Work Environment
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.