Houlihan Lokey (NYSE:HLI) is a global investment bank with expertise in mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, financial restructuring, and valuation. The firm serves corporations, institutions, and governments worldwide with offices in the United States, Europe, the Middle East, and the Asia-Pacific region. Independent advice and intellectual rigor are hallmarks of the firm’s commitment to client success across its advisory services. Houlihan Lokey is the No. 1 M&A advisor for the past six consecutive years in the U.S., the No. 1 global restructuring advisor for the past seven consecutive years, and the No. 1 global M&A fairness opinion advisor over the past 20 years, all based on number of transactions and according to data provided by Refinitiv.
As a Financial Analyst or Associate in the Corporate Valuation Advisory Services (CVAS) practice’s Complex Securities team, you will join a small, specialized, and fast growing team serving corporate clients from a large variety of industries. You will collaborate with both junior and senior team members on client engagements to perform complex valuations of financial instruments (i.e. debt and derivatives) and create statistical analyses / models.
- Develop quantitative models to value unique financial instruments
- Improve existing internal modelling processes
- Perform statistical and data analyses
- Present analyses and conclusions both internally and externally
- COVID vaccination required, subject to applicable state and federal law
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. finance, statistics, mathematics, economics, engineering)
- 1 – 3 years of experience in financial reporting valuation for a Financial Analyst
- 3-6 years of experience in financial reporting valuation for an Associate
You enjoy rigorous thought processes, thrive in a non-hierarchical work structure, and want to join a dynamic team.
- Strong knowledge of financial instruments, derivatives valuation theory, and statistical methods
- Keen analytical capabilities with high attention to detail
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Experience valuing financial instruments with non-linear payoffs including convertible bonds, warrants, derivatives, earn-outs, and complex capital structures using closed form solutions, binomial lattices, and Monte Carlo simulations in either Python, R, or Matlab
- Experience working with large data sets, performing statistical analyses in Python, and presenting results with data visualization software such as Tableau
- Demonstrated history of building and improving models and processes that automate routine calculations using Python and VBA
- Passion for financial markets and data analysis
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.