Summer Financial Analyst (Class of 2023) – Corporate Valuation & Advisory
Financial and Valuation Advisory
Over the past 40 years, Houlihan Lokey has established one of the largest worldwide financial and valuation advisory practices. Our transaction expertise and leadership in the field of valuation inspire confidence in the financial executives, boards of directors, special committees, retained counsel, investors, and business owners we serve. In 2020, Refinitiv (formerly known as Thomson Reuters) ranked us the No. 1 U.S. M&A fairness opinion advisor over the past 20 years. Our stability, integrity, technical leadership, and global capabilities make us a trusted advisor for clients worldwide, across a wide range of services, including the Transaction Opinions, Transaction Advisory Services, Corporate Valuation Advisory Services, Portfolio Valuation and Fund Advisory Services, Real Estate Valuation and Advisory Services, and Dispute Resolution Consulting practices.
Corporate Valuation and Advisory Services
This team performs business valuations and intangible asset valuations in connection with mergers and acquisitions for financial and tax reporting and management planning requirements. Team members have expertise in finance and accounting and understand global valuation methodologies and best practices. The team delivers value to private equity and corporate clients across a wide range of industries.
As a Summer Financial Analyst in the Financial Valuation and Advisory business, some of your responsibilities will include developing complex financial models and analyzing financial statements, industry conditions and developments, acquisitions and divestitures, and various investment attributes of publicly traded and privately held securities. You will also have an opportunity to participate in our firm’s marketing efforts. Throughout the summer, you will work closely with a highly talented, experienced, and dedicated staff of professionals who will give you broad exposure to a wide range of industries and highly complex transactions, as well as senior officers within our firm.
- A B.A./B.S./B.B.A. candidate—Finance, Accounting, Business, or Applied Economics
- Coursework in accounting and finance
- A fundamental understanding of valuation theory, methodologies, and applications
- Graduation date between December 2022 and June 2023
- COVID vaccination required, subject to applicable state and federal law
- Strong analytical abilities and financial and computer skills (Excel in particular)
- A demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with all levels of staff
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills