At HSBC, the health and well-being of our employees remains of utmost importance. Many of our roles are permitted to work from home (in states in which HSBC is licensed to operate) until further notice. Upon resumption of normal operations, this role may be performed at our New York, New York office.
- To support debt structuring and arranging transactions across the infrastructure, renewables, power, oil & gas and real estate sectors.
- To participate in advisory services for clients in debt and M&A
- To perform financial modelling and other financial analysis.
- To provide general support across client marketing and deal execution activities as part of integrated transaction teams.
- To perform credit and risk analysis, prepare credit memos and present transactions to credit business / committees.
- To prepare BSC, BAC, CAC, TRC, IAO, CARM, RORWA, DP, CV, TEC Files, and such other internal documents required
- Build and run complex financial models, working closely with deal teams and clients to produce financial models consistent with HSBC best practice principles
- Provide wider transaction support on advisory and debt arranging mandates
- Assist in team marketing activities and client pitches
- Participate in pitches and presentations to clients
- Work on structured financings in infrastructure, energy, power and oil & gas
- Provide risk analysis
- Run internal return models
- Perform market research
- Legal and financial due diligence
Customers / Stakeholders
- Internal deal team leaders, team members and colleagues from other teams
- External clients of the bank, particularly on advisory mandates
- Develop relationships within RASG and wider banking group
- Develop strong relationships with key bank clients
Leadership & Teamwork
- Strong teamwork required both internally, and with client representatives on advisory mandates
- Demonstrate flexibility to work across mandates and industry sectors as required
- Training and guidance to analysts and interns
- Familiarity with key documentation
- Ability to manage due diligence and related requirements
- Collaborate with team members and other HSBC colleagues
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Understand and ensure compliance with, all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved.’
- Adhere to all relevant HSBC and IRG procedures and compliance requirements
- Check materials from Analysts and Interns and provide cross check on key internal documents such as BSC, BAC, CAC, DP, etc
- The role requires strong financial modelling and analytical skills, combined with an ability to understand and communicate the relationship between the numerical analysis and wider commercial and strategic transaction issues
- Ability to interact with clients, colleagues and advisers with practical application and responsiveness and forethought to involve senior colleagues at the right time
- The role also requires an ability to prioritize and work under time pressures whilst maintaining a high quality work product for both internal and external audiences.
- Role regularly requires extended hours and weekends time commitment.
- Is aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with the role and acts in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Understands, follows and demonstrates compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.
Employment eligibility to work with HSBC in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions
- Excellent academic background. Educated to degree level (ideally in a numeric discipline), or holder of relevant professional qualification such as Accountancy
- Strong financial analysis and advanced spreadsheet modelling skills.
- Experience of building and working with financial models for M&A and project finance transactions gained within a bank or accountancy firm, within a relevant industry sector.
- Prior experience in M&A, Project Finance, Leverage & Acquisition Finance
- Good knowledge of the project or structured finance market, typical transaction structures, and key risk allocation principles
- Familiar with scope of work for advisers (sellside, buyside and debt) and experienced in diligence and legal requirements
- FINRA series 63 and 79 licenses are required. At the manager’s discretion, a contingency period to obtain licenses can be granted.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Job Field: Investment Banking, Markets and Research