We’re looking for the future leaders of Global Banking. You will need to be forward-thinking, driven and perceptive, open to different ideas and cultures and enjoy being part of a team.
In investment banking we offer financial and advisory solutions that support critical strategic events in a company’s evolution (e.g. an acquisition, divestiture or an IPO) and / or where our clients wish to raise funds from investors in the capital or loan markets to support their operations and fund growth (e.g. a bond issuance or equity raise). Our clients are both traditional corporates, financial and public sector institutions and financial sponsors (e.g. private equity and sovereign wealth funds).
This is an opportunity to join a highly motivated and extremely active team, as an Associate supporting one of the following sectors: Capital Goods/Industrials, Chemicals, Consumer/Retail, Healthcare, Financial Sponsors Group, Technology, or M&A. Sector alignment will be discussed as part of the interview process.
Desired Skills and Characteristics
- Demonstrate a commitment to excellence and perform to the highest standards, demonstrating the following skills:
- Core banking skills: analytical skills; deep industry content; investment banking product knowledge (across fixed income, equity and M&A); transaction process knowledge.
- Communication skills: exhibit professional and personal presence; actively participate in internal and external discussions; present well-developed and delivered narratives to colleagues and clients; demonstrate mastery of verbal / written / listening / non-verbal (body language) communication skills.
- Client / colleague skills: ability to develop meaningful relationships with clients and colleagues; interest in and aptitude for originating new business from clients; viewed as an expert (in terms of investment banking and industry content) by colleagues.
- Initiative and judgment: act proactively; demonstrate common sense; work well as part of a team; constantly seek to further develop existing skills and accumulate new skills.
- Support development of a successful Investment Banking franchise in the United States.
- Assist with coverage of priority corporate and financial sponsor clients.
- Share information, knowledge and ideas to enhance client dialogue and team performance.
- Develop differentiated transaction ideas.
- Contribute to transaction origination and execution.
- Actively participate on deal teams to ensure that transactions are completed both in a timely and effective manner.
- Contribute to the building of a professional, proactive, and performance-driven culture.
- Establish and maintain networks for co-operation with other HSBC businesses, to support the creation of solutions to client needs that span geographical/product boundaries and regulatory environments.
- Understand and ensure compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved.
- Uphold the highest level of integrity and act as a role model for all HSBC values and business principles.
Employment eligibility to work with HSBC in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions
- Previous investment banking or accounting experience, with track record in either product or sector teams and a good understanding of the market.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to develop high effective working relationships with colleagues and clients alike.
- [Series 7, 63, and 79 FINRA licenses must be active within 120 days of the start date.]
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.