At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
START AND END DATES FOR THIS INTERNSHIP ARE DURING THE SUMMER 2022 (3 months)
Are you passionate about the IBM brand, marketing analytics, and creating game changing marketing campaigns? Are you looking for an internship experience that will immerse you in a fast-paced, innovative environment where you can make an impact? Do you want to deepen core marketing and analytical skills? If so, we want to hear from you! IBM is seeking the next generation of creative individuals with a hunger for innovation and a passion for marketing to join our Marketing Team.
As an IBM Marketing Intern, you’ll work collaboratively, as part of a team, on a project that addresses a strategic IBM Marketing business challenge. In addition to the project, the internship includes educational, networking, and social activities. Between project work and intern programming, you’ll get to touch a variety of areas within Marketing. At the end of the 9.5 week program, you’ll have the opportunity to showcase your final outcomes to a large audience of Marketing Leaders and Practitioners across the organization. This is a highly visible intern program with leadership exposure and mentorship throughout the summer.
Interns projects can span all areas of Marketing, including Marketing Analytics, Market Research, Strategy, Product Marketing, Digital Marketing and more. Previous intern projects have included:
- Developing best-in-class data visualization tools for campaign performance management
- Creating cohesive brand messaging strategies for global campaigns
- Optimizing the digital journey for IBM solutions
- Developing customer targeting and social media strategies for our IBM flagship event
- Combining digital, social, event, and content marketing efforts to create an integrated marketing campaign promoting IBM’s fully-autonomous ocean research vessel
Summer Intern positions are primarily based in Austin, TX, New York, NY, Raleigh, NC, Cambridge, MA, and Armonk, NY.
IBM will not be providing Visa sponsorship for these positions now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future Visa sponsorship.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Currently enrolled in an accredited University
- Available for an internship in Summer 2022
- Rising College Senior for 2022-2023 school year
- Passionate about Marketing or a related field
- Strong communications skills
- English: Fluent
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Basic knowledge of marketing and digital marketing
- Basic knowledge of problem solving and analytical skills
- Basic knowledge of social media and building online communities
- Basic knowledge of user-experience and design skills
- Basic knowledge of market research and market insights
- A strategic and consultative mindset