As a Hardware Developer at IBM, you’ll get to work on the systems that are driving the quantum revolution and the AI era. Join an elite team of engineering professionals who enable IBM customers to make better decisions quicker on the most trusted hardware platform in today’s market.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are seeking dynamic and hardworking engineers with a growth mindset to enable our teams and suppliers to deliver quality products. Are you seeking an opportunity that helps you grow your career at an equal opportunity company like IBM?
This role entails working with technical teams encompassing suppliers, development, and manufacturing on early product development, qualification, quality management and also for ongoing production support. This role will enable your growth in several aspects of supply chain engineering such as: qualification, technology convergence, environmental compliance, process improvements, manufacturing assembly, manufacturing test, and quality support such as production yields, field performance, tooling, changes and product delivery. This role focuses on leading and developing technology roadmaps, communicating technical specifications and driving continuous quality improvement.
• Work closely with development, manufacturing, and project management teams to implement performance, quality and cost improvements. Work with project plans and timelines and communicate status to all stakeholders/partners.
• Seek out new and capable suppliers in support of product and business needs. Assess suppliers for their ability to fit IBM’s quality and business standards.
• Lead and support supplier audits by ensuring compliance to quality management system and regulatory requirements.
• Have the drive and resilience to work towards tackling complex issues using structured problem solving techniques.
• Implement cost optimization techniques to meet cost reduction objectives across all commodities and brands.
• Implement technical improvements for product design, manufacturing engineering fulfillment, system test and supplier process issues using root cause analysis and corresponding corrective and preventive actions.
• Opportunity to work on implementing leading edge data analytics tools, 3D Printing, Augmented Reality and blockchain technology to improve IBM’s supply chain.
Possible Locations Include (Based on demand): Poughkeepsie NY; Rochester MN; Research Triangle Park, NC; San Jose, CA
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
– Excellent written/verbal communication skills along with excellent interpersonal skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Experience in leading teams, resolving difficult technical and/or process problems
Experience in performing Quality Audits