Imarc is looking for a Strategist to assist in all the aspects of research and planning for building websites and web applications. We are a digital agency headquartered in Amesbury, MA. For 20+ years, we’ve been steadily growing and creating high quality, award winning web applications, branding, and marketing solutions for companies across all industries.
You’ll be working within the UX Department, joining a team of strategists and UX Designers to design and define the project from start to finish, with the client’s goals and best practices always in mind.
We’re looking for someone who loves listening to clients and their audience, asking the tough questions, diving head first into analyzing data and uncovering areas for optimization based on your findings. All the while being extremely thorough and documenting requirements for our clients and production team along the way.
Skills We’re Looking For
- Insights focused and analytics driven
- Ability to lead a wide range of generative and evaluative research methods including contextual inquiry, card sorting, usability testing, heuristic analysis, A/B testing, cognitive walkthroughs, focus groups, content reviews, user observations, workflow analysis, usability tests, interviews, participatory design sessions
- Experience in conducting research in a B2B or B2C environment and/or on internal or employee-facing applications
- Able to gather multiple stakeholder requirements and distill them into UX pillars and project themes
- Participate and or facilitate usability and user testing
- Translate project definition into internal production documentation and client facing deliverables
- Facilitate meetings and co-authoring exercises with clients to uncover user experience pain points and opportunities to improve websites and applications.
- Research and understand analytics as regards to diagnosing potential UX pain points and areas for optimization.
Experience and Background
- Bachelor’s in a human behavior related field or 3-4 years experience with UX primary research, insights and data, analytics research, usability, heuristics
- Solid understanding of UX research activities and best practices
- Great communication and presentation skills (written and verbal)
- Agency experience a bonus
- Check out our Handbook (handbook.imarc.com) for more on how you’d participate in the strategy and UX Design of a typical project.
What Imarc Offers
This is a great opportunity to work with other engineers, UX professionals, and designers in a highly collaborative and quality-focused environment. Imarc realizes the broad set of skills associated with a successful UX practice, and is committed to further specializing our teams to better serve our growing roster clients.
We’re a stable agency that’s been around for over 20 years. We’ve grown slowly and steadily, even during COVID times. We’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine’s best workplaces a couple times.
We also offer lots of tangible benefits that you’re probably interested in:
- Paid vacation and personal time
- Attractive benefits package including health and dental coverage
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Account (FSA) planning
- Company-sponsored retirement plan
- Nice work environment with your favorite Mac, PC, or Linux laptop; standing desks; friendly co-workers; (and for those who really like geeking out, your favorite mechanical keyboard, if that’s your thing)
- Summer hours, we offer Friday afternoon off during the summer