Jefferies’ Municipal Securities Group currently employs more than 75 specialists focused on the municipal bond market and dedicated to structuring, underwriting, selling and trading municipal securities. Our team provides investment banking and capital markets advisory services to issuers of municipal debt, including states, cities, towns, state authorities, and 501(c)(3) borrowers, among others. With public sector and industry expertise, Jefferies has become a market leader in the areas of: airports; asset securitization; education; general government tax-backed; healthcare; housing; interest rate derivatives; public power; redevelopment finance; state revolving funds; tobacco securitization; transportation; water and sewer; and project financing.
As an Analyst in the Municipal Securities Group, you will rapidly assume significant responsibilities, including: providing financial modeling to support banking activities; building and maintaining a variety of databases; providing refunding and restructuring analyses; preparing proposal and presentation materials; working closely with senior bankers on transactions; and interfacing with underwriters, salesmen and traders.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong technical, written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, managing a variety of transactions and projects simultaneously and sometimes managing conflicting priorities
- Resourceful self-starter, able to work autonomously and as team player
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be completing the junior year of a four-year Bachelor’s degree or equivalent program
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Demonstrate professionalism and client management skills