What we look for in a candidate
Successful Analysts will be able to multitask and manage a variety of projects simultaneously. Candidates must demonstrate professionalism and client management skills together with strong technical, written, and verbal communication skills. The work is fast paced, intense and intellectually stimulating. The ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines, be adaptable and work both independently and as part of a team are essential traits of a successful candidate. Although a background in accounting or finance is helpful, JFIN hires Analysts who have studied a variety of disciplines.
About Jefferies Finance
- Founded in 2004, Jefferies Finance LLC (“JFIN”) is a leading leveraged loan investor and arranger owned equally by MassMutual and Jefferies Group LLC (“Jefferies”). JFIN manages more than $10 billion of capital across three business lines:
- Loan Underwriting and Arrangement: Leading arranger of loans to PE Sponsors in the US and Europe.
- Apex Credit Partners: Manages 15 CLOs invested in broadly syndicated term loans.
- Direct Lending Investment Management: Senior debt fund manager invested in Private Equity Sponsor owned middle market businesses.
- JFIN originates investment opportunities through an exclusive partnership with Jefferies and its team of more than 900 investment bankers that are focused on transacting with Equity Sponsors across the capital markets.
What can you expect – Accounting and Financial Planning Summer Analysts
- The Accounting and Financial Planning Interns are staffed on Finance and Accounting teams and are primarily responsible for (i) assisting in preparation of internal monitoring and reporting for senior management, (ii) customizing presentations for external stakeholders, and (iii) assisting in cash and liquidity analysis and other treasury functions.
- Prepare and track key underwriting and portfolio statistics and model budgets and forecasts with analysis of business drivers, trends and profitability in each business unit.
- Design and update customized presentations for various institutional investors, rating agencies, banks and other financial institutions and vendors.
- Assist in the preparation of daily, weekly and monthly cash activity and liquidity forecasting to maximize cash investment returns.
- Analysts are generalists and will have exposure to a comprehensive list of financial and accounting responsibilities critical to the management of a diversified financial institution.
- Assist Managing Directors and senior staff as needed with various reports and analyses of strategic initiatives.