About JLL –
We’re JLL—a leading professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. We have operations in over 80 countries and a workforce of over 91,000 individuals around the world who help real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. As a global Fortune 500 company, we also have an inherent responsibility to drive sustainability and corporate social responsibility. That’s why we’re committed to our purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world. We’re using the most advanced technology to create rewarding opportunities, amazing spaces and sustainable real estate solutions for our clients, our people and our communities.
Our core values of teamwork, ethics and excellence are also fundamental to everything we do and we’re honored to be recognized with awards for our success by organizations both globally and locally.
Creating a diverse and inclusive culture where we all feel welcomed, valued and empowered to achieve our full potential is important to who we are today and where we’re headed in the future. And we know that unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives help us think bigger, spark innovation and succeed together.
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all of the requirements below. We’re interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
Fall 2021 Internship (Full-time), Commercial Real Estate Research Team – New York
The Research Team supports the New York City market by using data from JLL and other sources to analyze market conditions and effectively tell the commercial real estate story to our clients and business partners.
In this position, you will be responsible for collecting and analyzing data, maintaining and evaluating the quality of our data, and working with the Research team to present data in a compelling manner. You will assist in tracking and analyzing aspects of the local New York City real estate market, such as economic drivers, and leverage data collected to proactively contribute towards research products, client projects, and business development efforts. You will work closely with internal research colleagues and brokerage professionals, as well as with research colleagues throughout the nation across JLL’s Americas Research group.
JLL Research consists of 570+ full-time professionals globally and is the largest research group in the real estate industry and among the best of any world-wide professional services firm. Our mission is “To create clear competitive advantage for our clients through the strategic use of accurate data, market insights and innovative thinking from around the world.” We tell the real estate story, define the market and inspire action.
What this job involves
- Collect, audit, and analyze commercial real estate data in support of New York City Research projects
- Follow established processes to ensure data quality across our databases, and regularly audit and refine datasets
- Analyze market data to identify trends and partner with brokerage leaders to help drive business development efforts
- Present market insights and economic conditions to internal teams as needed
- Closely monitor the New York City office commercial real estate market, including data related to properties, leases, tenants, availabilities, developments, sales and owners
- Actively contribute to JLL’s internal data management system and adopt or discover new, creative applications for its content and visualization tools
Desired skills and experience for this job
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and 3+ years professional experience desired; can be in economics, consulting, real estate, economic development, urban planning or other related fields
- Strong organizational, data collection, validation, and auditing skills
- Demonstrated passion in real estate with a strong commitment to learning micro- and macro-level market dynamics
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Detail-oriented and a strong quantitative skill set with ability to identify new insights and trends through data analysis
- Collaborative attitude and willingness to work both independently and as part of a dynamic team
- Ability to multitask, be resilient, and effectively manage time and workload
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- A desire to work within a diverse, collaborative, and driven professional environment
What you can expect from us
We succeed together and believe the best inspire the best, so we invest in supporting each other, learning together and celebrating our success.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your career ambitions, recognizing your contributions, investing in your well-being and providing competitive benefits and pay.
We can’t wait to see where your ambitions take you at JLL. Apply today!
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at AccomodationRequest@am.jll.com. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.