Johnson and Johnson Surgical Vision (JJSV) is recruiting for a Global Marketing Manager, located in Irvine, CA
The Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision goal is improving sight throughout a patient’s lifetime. J&J Surgical Vision is well positioned to address a full range of vision health needs for global markets: The No. 2 global provider of CATARACT products and a leader in presbyopia-correcting IOLs, the Global REFRACTIVE (LASIK) market leader, all supported with a CONSUMER EYE HEALTH diverse portfolio of solutions and drops. Research, innovation and new-product development are the focus of our organization and for this role.
In this role, the Global Marketing Manager will be responsible for supporting the Presbyopia-Correcting (PC) IOL portfolio and executing the PC-IOL portfolio strategy for JJV revenue and share growth. This role will work, in conjunction with cross-functional teams, to develop strategic marketing plans for the innovation pipeline, and execute their successful global implementation. This role will also have global responsibility for existing portfolio management.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Driving strategic and business goals for the presbyopia-correcting IOL portfolio.
- Successfully launching new products and line extensions, brand-building activities, executing marketing plans & promotions in conjunction with global marketing teams.
- Partnering across JJV to ensure clear understanding of professional VOC and market trends to inform the marketing strategies and ensure JJSV is addressing market unmet needs to drive sustained growth.
- Translating customer needs into product design requirements to develop differentiated product concepts and plans
- Working closely with key internal partners (cross-functional teams, regional Marketing groups) and external partners (agencies, key opinion leaders) in pursuance of above.
- Due to the global nature of this position, travel requirements are anticipated to be up to 15% (domestic and global)
- Bachelor’s degree required
- MBA or equivalent strongly preferred
Experience And Skills:
- A minimum of 3 years of marketing or related experience; experience in the medical device sector preferred
- Ability to effectively connect with customers (surgeons) and internal partners with proven presentation skills
- Ability to champion product concepts and promote change through indirect influence
- Must exhibit proficiency commensurate with grade in the following competencies: adaptability, teamwork, initiative, innovation, integrity, analytical, leadership, strategic thinking, communication.
- Passion for identifying emerging trends in health, technology or related fields
- New product development experience strongly preferred. Medical device, Ophthalmology experience preferred.
- Project management capabilities – ability to manage sophisticated project workstreams across multiple dimensions, with internal and external partners.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.